Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/06 7:29 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: I am a Statistic!
sorry... I can't seem to get more than one thought out at a time lately.... I see your surgeon is not with CLOS who performs the MGB, can you describe your surgery to me? I'm wondering if it is the same surgery as they perform at www.clos.net? hugs Kim
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/06 7:26 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: I am a Statistic!
Hi Bridget... I sent you a private email yesterday, and today was able to come on and read your profile and history. I am so sorry to hear that you've had so many problems with your surgery. Are you going to have to have a revision to correct the problems??? I do hope things go well for you... hugs Kim
Mini Gadget
on 1/2/06 6:26 pm - MN
Topic: I am a Statistic!
I used to be the one that pushed this surgery. I am now a statistic that it has failed on. I am not going to go into the long details, but if you would like info please email me. With all I have now learned, all I can say is think twice before considering the mini-bypass. Bridget
IowaHouseFlipper
on 12/28/05 8:43 pm - Belle Plaine, IA
Topic: RE: mini-gastric bypass (MGB) three month update
Hi Kim and thanks for posting your experience. Your pre-op weight was right in the ballpark of mine and reading your thoughts as you've gone thru your journey really brings back memories of me when I went thru mine. I am a 3 1/2 year post op person now and I'm happy with my decision to get control of my eatting by having the surgery. It hasn't all been a piece of cake but I feel it was worth it. Oh and don't worry....the standing at the Fridgerator habit will go away in time. I find now that I get to busy and focused on other things that I can forget to even eat at all. Another thing is that I seem to eat or more like snack all day long instead of actualy 3 meals per day. I suppose that if I had a real job that this wouldn't be so easy to do and my weight would be closer to medical charts suggested weight for my age and height. But again, I'm happy where I'm at (151#). The last 2 1/2 years I've spent working on my saggy skin issues (lol) and I've gone to South America 4 times now. I've had about 29 different proceedures done but I look nothing like that gal on Oprah (ROFL). I still look like me except with fewer lumps under my clothes. Please don't rush your success though because it does take at least a year to get about 80# off, or at least it did me. But best of luck to you and if you ever have any questions for me privately, write me at [email protected].
IowaHouseFlipper
on 12/28/05 8:24 pm - Belle Plaine, IA
Topic: RE: Who does this surgery and where?
Hi Angel J, I looked up Dr. Heap and his price seems very reasonable but myself personally, I'd never opt for any gastric bypass surgery that involved a gastric ring. I've just known to many people (close friends) that had rings and they had major complications (failure from the ring)about 2 years post. I've also got 3 very good friends that both had the DS and both did a fine job at getting the weight off but they pay dearly daily. I just don't talk much about their surgery because I'm not against it as it has helped them with the weight but one of the 3 people has to daily "irrigate" his bowels due to the stomach acids and the other 2 gals has to eat then turd/**** immediately after. I swear she goes #2 about 6 times per day minimum. And if she don't eat immediately at the onset of feeling hungry, she gets very ill, pale, and nearly passes out. The Ds works but it's rough on a person. There's a doctor in Brazil that does Laprascopic (5-teeny tiny little incisions, instead of open surgery) weight loss surgeries for $10,000. He does the DS, RNY, or Band. I think he's over priced myself on the band but the other two types I think are great prices. Many people that go there "deduct" their entire trip under medical expenses on their income taxes as well. So it's nice to get a vacation to South America and get a refund both. But this all is only my OPINION about DS and Bands/Rings. I'd never do it but my reasons are based on what my friends have went thru that had these different types. Remember to that maybe what Heap does is completely different, I just wouldn't have any of it myself!
Angel J.
on 12/26/05 12:36 pm - Troutdale, OR
Dr Adrian Heap in Kennewick Washington. $14k covers DR / Hosp & anesthesia and he is EXCELLENT! He is also a suregon listed on this website .... check him out he is WORTH it! I would not have had any other surgery but the one he offers.
(deactivated member)
on 12/24/05 8:05 pm - Canada
Hi Leslie I had my MGB in High Point, NC with Dr. Dasher. There are CLOS sites in Florida, Texas, Missouri, Michigan and North Carolina... check with the clos website to see where each site is. Many people have success with having insurance reimburse them for the surgery, but CLOS does not accept insurance directly. You have to pay the $17,000 out of pocket and then get reimbursed by your insurance company. Any other questions, please ask away! hugs Kim
shoutjoy
on 12/17/05 11:34 pm - Culpeper, VA
If you go to the http://clos.net website, you will see a listing of all the centers in the U.S. Talk to some of the staff and they can help you out further. They bend over backwords in giving people access to them via email, phone, cell phone, and even instant messenger. Keep me posted on how it goes! Paula
shoutjoy
on 12/17/05 11:32 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: RE: mini-gastric bypass (MGB) three month update
Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work and work on developing good eating habits now. Keep us posted on your journey.
Leslie
on 12/13/05 6:31 am
Topic: Who does this surgery and where?
I know about Dr. Rutledge in Las Vegas and I think I just read about a doctor in North Carolina. Does anyone else do this surgery? I'm very interested to learn more. Does insurance ever cover this and if not, what costs are involved? Thanks, Leslie
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 898 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1230 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2048 views