Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/05 12:12 am - Canada
Topic: Mini-gastric Bypass - to Miss JM
The mini gastric bypass is a procedure that was pioneered by Dr. R. Rutledge. It is similar to some older techniques with some changes that reduce side-effects and enhance weight-loss. The CLOS website is www.clos.net which is where I found all my information. I am almost 3 months post-op, I've lost over 50 pounds, and I really feel quite fantastic. I'm half way to my goal weight now. I had my surgery in North Carolina with Dr. Dasher, but there are several sites in different areas of the US. If you have any specific questions, please contact me at [email protected]... thanks Kim
Miss J M
on 11/10/05 6:01 am - Sylmar, CA
Topic: RE: 6 Weeks Post-op MGB
HI, what is the MINI GB? I can't find too much info on that? Thanks so much. Hope all is well. Miss J M
pepperboy
on 11/9/05 2:01 am - oxnard, CA
Topic: RE: Cool, thanks so much!
For people wanting to know about wls , I would urge you to research all types availiable. They all have down sides. BUT one wants to be completely clear on what all possible side effects can be....some that don't show up til years later/post op. One size does not fit all when it comes to wls., research success and complication rates. Cause it's no fun to have to go through a revision. Good luck to all....Annie
Melissa D.
on 11/6/05 8:08 am - Los Angeles, CA
Topic: 30 days post op
I to just had the MGB, I have to say I'm so happy I found Dr. R I have lost 21 pounds in 30 days and never felt better. If you have any Q. about MGB please go to www.clos.net there is a ton of info there.
shoutjoy
on 11/2/05 10:10 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi, how did it go? Sorry I haven't been keeping on top of things on the board here. I will try to do better. Paula
shoutjoy
on 11/2/05 10:09 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi Bonnie, I have learned over the years that this surgery is only a tool, not a cure. I have also learned a few tricks. Protein first! Get that in. Drink 64 oz of water a day (I don't get that all in, but it is a goal), and don't drink 30 min before and after eating. I have also learned that there is a two year "window" where we lose the most weight. After that, it takes more effort. We are not alone. Most all wls procedures have these same issues. Nothing new. Paula
shoutjoy
on 11/2/05 10:06 pm - Culpeper, VA
Well, because that is where Dr. R was at the time. He was living in Chapel Hill, working at the Durham Regional Hospital. From there he worked in Statesville, then eventually moved to California. Paula
shoutjoy
on 11/2/05 10:05 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: RE: What is MGB
Hello, Well it is called "mini" because it doesn't have the "Y" connection that the RNY has. It is a very successful surgery, usually done laproscopically. The success rate is very good. Paula
Pam W.
on 10/5/05 9:56 am - Cypress, TX
Topic: What is MGB
Hi I recently had RNY and never heard of MGB what is the difference in the procedures? thanks Pam
Zakiya
on 10/1/05 5:13 am - Over-the-rainbow, OH
Hey Kim, I am scheduled for surgery on October 18, with Dr. Dasher. I am curious why they sent you to NC and not to where Dr. Rutledge is currently working? hope your recovery goes well Soulsister in Apalachia ZZ
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 896 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1226 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2041 views