Recent Posts

Zakiya
on 10/1/05 4:57 am - Over-the-rainbow, OH
Topic: RE: Cool, thanks so much!
I haven't had the surgery but i am tentatively scheduled for October 18, 2005 Three of my co-workers have had this surgery and they look and feel wonderful. So i am looking forward to a safe an uneventful surgery and recovery SoulSister in Appalachia zz
Bonnie P.
on 9/30/05 10:39 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi. I'm 4 1/2 years post op. I had my surgery in Durham, Feb 2001 with Dr. Rutledge. I haven't lost all the weight I wanted. He said my body would level off to where it needed to be, but sometimes I think maybe I need a revision or I should just get off my butt and exercise some more. I do go to the gym every day to try and get this last 50 pounds off. That won't make me "skinny" by any means, but it will put me to where I will be ready for the skin removal surgeries. How are you doing with your weight loss? Bonnie
shoutjoy
on 9/28/05 11:25 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi Kim! Congrats on your new life. Six weeks how cool! Keep us posted on your journey ok? Paula
shoutjoy
on 9/28/05 11:23 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi JC Well, go to http://clos.net and read about it. It is similar to the Rou-N-Y but doesn't have the "Y" connection. When you look at it, it looks like a simplistic procedure. Paula
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/05 7:48 pm - Canada
Hi Bridget I had the MGB by a CLOS surgeon 6 weeks ago. I'd be happy to share my experience with you... Kim Nash
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/05 7:47 pm - Canada
Topic: 6 Weeks Post-op MGB
Hi... My name is Kim and I'm six weeks post-op today from the MGB. I had my surgery in North Carolina with Dr. James Dasher. The surgery went quickly and without any complications. I was in the hospital less than 24 hours and was feeling only some discomfort after the procedure. I am down 30 pounds in my 6 weeks and overall feeling pretty good. My surgeon has been very accessible to me and I have regular contact with his nurse, Glenda Billings... who is wonderful. I belong to several obesity surgery support groups on-line including the ossg-mgb group. The MGB group is very helpful and the members very supportive. If any one has any questions about the MGB performed exclusively by CLOS... please just ask. Kim Nash
shoutjoy
on 9/26/05 10:50 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hello, I am over five years out. I have broken away from the "cliche" and having so much fun on the OH site. I have been active in their leadership training courses as well as with the Bariatric Support Centers Interational training courses. I really feel there is a need for more support than what is offered through CLOS. Getting a foot in the door is difficult. So, I am very happy to meet you!! Paula
dirtbikecheermom
on 9/10/05 3:09 am - Greenwood, LA
Hi Bridget, What exactly is a mini gastric bypass? I can't believe with all the research I have done I have missed this. Thanks in advance for your reply... Jc
Mini Gadget
on 9/9/05 7:24 pm - MN
Topic: Cool, thanks so much!
I don't know if there are any others out there with this type of surgery but I would love to talk to anyone that has. I will be two years post op in November. Thanks, Bridget
JC
on 8/30/05 4:44 am - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: Welcome to the Mini Gastric Bypass message board

Creating your own post - how to use emoticons

Emoticons associated with your post's title

One emoticon may be associated with your post's title. (We currently do not support embedding emoticons in post titles; the emoticon image you select to go with your post will appear to the left of the post's title.) To select an emoticon image to go with your post title, click the down-arrow marked Title Images to the left of the area where you will type your post. A menu of images should appear; click on one to make it the title image of your post. The image you have selected will appear outlined in red in the Title Images menu.

Emoticons inserted into your post

As many emoticons as you like may be inserted into the body of your post. To view the available emoticons which you may insert, click the down-arrow marked Message Emoticons to the left of the area where you type your post. You will see a list of textual representations of emoticons and their corresponding emoticon images. To insert an image into your post, type the corresponding text. For example, to include this image :-) in your post, you'd type :-), and to include this one :angel: you'd type :angel:.

Click here to view a list of all members who have posted to this message board.

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 895 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1226 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2041 views