Is anybody out there?

Nannyre2U
on 8/26/09 3:34 am - Donaldsonville, LA
I just found this board!  Doesn't look too populated.  Whats up with that?

Never Give Up!  We win by losing!  Nannyre

cutepuppy
on 8/26/09 3:39 am - Manhattan Beach, CA
Hey Marie,
I don't have a bike, my husband does, but my reason for being here is to say hello and how are you?  I've missed you.  I hope that means you're well and out there doing it. (the bike of course).  Blessings to you, Mary

Walking with you on this journey, Mary
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Nannyre2U
on 8/26/09 6:43 am - Donaldsonville, LA
Hi Mary,  From the looks of your ticker, you are moving right along!  Congrats!  God has been so good to us, hasn't he?  I'm not on this forum (OH) much as I only have the net at work and of course work time is for work stuff.  But I do peek in from time to time.  Can't handle all the drama on a lot of the boards, tho.  Good to see your progress and great to hear from you!   Stay in touch.  Hugs, Marie

ratbike
on 8/26/09 11:37 am - VA
Hey! I've been thinking about you -- I've not seen you on any of the boards lately.  Doing OK? And doing much riding?
I hope the reason there aren't any recent posts here is because folks are out riding! I know that's where I'd like to be. 
We've had a few nice (albeit short) trips this summer -- I've only logged about 3K miles total -- no time or $$ for more.
How about you?

HW 296,  SW 272,  GW 145  CW 145

Natalie

Nannyre2U
on 8/26/09 11:39 pm - Donaldsonville, LA
Wow, Nat, look at you!  You are doing so great and look wonderful!  Isn't this the greatest adventure?  I've ridden a bit.  It's been way too hot.  I rode with my crew to Gulfport Mississippi a couple of Sundays ago.  We went to the Blowfly Inn for lunch.  Lots of Sun, Sand and Sweat!  But couldn't wipe the grins off our faces.  Have to remember to pack the dental floss for those pesky little bugs that end up in our teeth lol!  I don't hang out on the boards so much.  I like the OFF the best but can't deal with all the drama.  There's enough in my own life. Know what I mean?  I am doing well.  Still fighting the urge to eat emotionally.  But ever reminded my doc fixed my stomach not my head!  Sending hugs your way today, Marie
P.S.  Do you guys FaceBook?  I'm Nannyre2U there as well.  I'm able to monitor that site more readily. 

tripletdad7
on 9/15/09 2:27 am
Just dropping my 2 cents in. I have a motorcycle (Honda Shadow 600 vlx).   It is nice, but has a little problem with pulling my weight.  Hopefully, next riding season I will be able to scoot around much easier.  (may need to new leathers though).
Nannyre2U
on 9/16/09 2:53 am - Donaldsonville, LA
Riding is sooo much smoother these days.  Hey maybe we can start a leater exchange here!  just a thought! lol mine's a Vulcan 750!

tripletdad7
on 9/17/09 2:42 am

I am guessing that after WLS I will still want to remain in guy's leathers. But a leather exchange would be great.  May have to look around to see if any leather shops in the area do that. 

Nannyre2U
on 9/17/09 3:23 am - Donaldsonville, LA
Quite possibly we could do one on this board.  I have some leather pants that would virtually fall around my ankles if I put them on today.  I also have an awesome fringed jacket that I would hate to think is history for me.  fortunately for me I have a friend who does alterations!  But in my local wls support group we have a clothing exchange.  As the weight falls off, the need arises for new clothes.  I have a closet filled with "gladrags" from my wls angel and others who "passed" them to me.  I've been passing mine along too.  It's such fun!  I don't think it would fare well to see you in anything but your manly biker garb! lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Spring is coming!
JCDan · 0 replies · 318 views
Spring 2010
Moma V. · 3 replies · 454 views
Should I sell my bike????
Jill W. · 3 replies · 549 views