WALK THE LINE

Birdman D.
on 11/28/05 5:13 am - Nappytown
I'm SHOCKED!!! I was out of town and my wife and I decided to go see a movie. Being out of towners where we were...we decided just to "go" and see what was playing at a theater we could see down the street, without the benefit of being able to consult a movie schedule. When we got to the theater the only movie available without a long wait was "Walk the Line". I still can't get over the fact that this movie sucked me in, and I found myself really enjoying it. Anyone else out there seen it??? What did you think??? Doug...
nitengale
on 12/7/05 3:14 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Hi Doug, I loved it... I found myself dancing in my seat and my foot tapping and swinging and not realizing it... Joaquinn (?sp) should definitely get an academy award for this one. I was not all that impressed with Reese Witherspoon as June Carter Cash. Don't remember June being that "sweet". Don't get me wrong, I love Reese, just don't think she was the right choice for the part. Not sure who could have played it though... I was most impressed that they both did their own singing. A great movie and I will definitely see it again!!
jmilner
on 12/29/05 1:38 am - Anywhere, MD
If I recall correctly - Joaquin and Reese were Johnny and June's picks to play them, in the movie - they were involved in the early production, before they died.
Kathleen L.
on 12/28/05 1:44 am - Arlington, VA
I loved the movie. I thought Joaquin Phoenix was wonderful as Johnny Cash.
(deactivated member)
on 1/21/06 3:02 pm - Makawao-Maui, HI
Hi Doug, I really wanted to see it and now it is out of the theaters. I have to wait until it comes out on DVD. I heard Reese Weatherspoon won an award for it. Thanks for the feedback.
nitengale
on 1/22/06 7:15 am - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Hello, Reese and Joaquinn (?sp) won an award for this movie... golden globes... and the Oscars are soon as are the Screen Actors Guild awards.... keep your fingers crossed. Trust me ... the wait for the DVD will be well worth it... It is a GREAT movie!!! wanda
Katherine A.
on 5/22/06 4:55 am - Klein, TX
this is such a classic example of chick flick and I totally loved it. I grew up listening to J.C. I have already got it on DVD now.
Adam Q.
on 7/12/06 5:22 pm - Lewisville, TX
Doug, "Walk The Line" is one of the best movies ever made...You're absolutely right...it does suck you in. I found out some pretty cool facts about the movie. A: Johnny Cash actually picked Joaquin Pheonix to play him based on his performance in "Gladiator" B: Elvis was played by Tyler Hilton...who is the less famous brother or Paris & Nicole Hilton. (As if anyone cared) C: Waylon Jennings was actually played by his own real life son Shooter Jennings. D: Joaquin Pheonix & Reese Whitherspoon actually took about 6 months of voice lessons & learned to play the instruments as well...and non of the movie was dubbed over...all of the singing was recorded live...I thought that was cool. That's all Iknow off the top of my head...but there's some other cools facts like some of the other actors were actually in Johnny Cash's band...I thought that was also pretty cool... Ok fine..I'm a movie nerd and own way more DVD's that I would like to admit. good luck in your journey.. Adam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Seriously? Seriously....
Selendrile · 0 replies · 552 views
Hey Guys...
nitengale · 0 replies · 415 views
Brokeback Mountain
Pamela E. · 3 replies · 455 views
Brokeback Mountain?
LauraSlidell · 2 replies · 476 views