Recent Posts

SandieW
on 2/14/09 11:35 pm - Glenside, PA
Topic: RE: Harry Potter
I was disappointed.  They took the longest book of the series and turned it into the shortest movie.  On the plus side, filming for "Deathly Hallows" begins today in London. 

Selendrile
on 1/23/09 3:10 pm - New York, NY
Topic: Seriously? Seriously....
There hasn't been a movie worth mentioning in two years....???

In the last two days Ive seen four movies.

Appaloosa... it was pretty good, I was expecting a western action, like the AWESOME movie 310 To Yuma.  But it was a western drama, which
was good, but not what I was expecting and what they protrayed in their preview

Max Payne... decent... I dont remember all those angel crap in the
videogame... but the fighting scene's worth it.

The Duchess... Okay, I expected more drama, but it was good, if you
 like this then I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend The Other Boleyn Girl, THAT was amazing.

The Mummy 3... Utter CRAP.  Worse than Hellboy 2.  I cannot even begin to explain how much this was crap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have an over active imagination, I always know what's going to happen before it happens... I predicted:  The sign, the village, derailed, the others,  and countless others.

I outdid myself this time though.

I predicted 7 pounds, from the title alone.
We (my cousins, aunt and I) had a discussion on the movies title, trying to unravel the 'secret storyline' prior to anyone watching it.
The next morning my cousin told me I ruined the movie for her.
Then I saw the movie, and was like damn, i just ruined the movie for me too.

Because I was absolutely right about the whole movie.
The whole way through, just based on the commercial
and the title.

Suuz51
on 9/4/06 8:57 pm
Topic: RE: Brokeback Mountain
Im like you.... If they herd cows then they are cowboys... If they herd sheep then they are sheepboys...Or shepards don't think it matters how they get around ...The point being what they are actually herding !
Adam Q.
on 7/12/06 5:22 pm - Lewisville, TX
Topic: RE: WALK THE LINE
Doug, "Walk The Line" is one of the best movies ever made...You're absolutely right...it does suck you in. I found out some pretty cool facts about the movie. A: Johnny Cash actually picked Joaquin Pheonix to play him based on his performance in "Gladiator" B: Elvis was played by Tyler Hilton...who is the less famous brother or Paris & Nicole Hilton. (As if anyone cared) C: Waylon Jennings was actually played by his own real life son Shooter Jennings. D: Joaquin Pheonix & Reese Whitherspoon actually took about 6 months of voice lessons & learned to play the instruments as well...and non of the movie was dubbed over...all of the singing was recorded live...I thought that was cool. That's all Iknow off the top of my head...but there's some other cools facts like some of the other actors were actually in Johnny Cash's band...I thought that was also pretty cool... Ok fine..I'm a movie nerd and own way more DVD's that I would like to admit. good luck in your journey.. Adam
Katherine A.
on 5/22/06 4:55 am - Klein, TX
Topic: RE: WALK THE LINE
this is such a classic example of chick flick and I totally loved it. I grew up listening to J.C. I have already got it on DVD now.
nitengale
on 3/9/06 10:39 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Topic: Hey Guys...
Just saw the best movie...and I have seen a lot with the Oscars hoopla... but I went to see "World's Fastest Indian" with Anthony Hopkins. Amazing movie... based on the true story or Burt Munroe from New Zealand who scraped and saved to get to the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah to try to make a speed record on a 40 year old motorcycle (the Indian). Even if you have to pay full price for the ticket...its worth it!!!
nitengale
on 3/5/06 3:14 am - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Topic: RE: Two day's out of the hosp...
That is so funny that he did that...cruel but funny. I work on a post surgical unit and as part of our discharge instructions for all our abd surgeries...we tell them to laff..tell the hubbies to make her laff... it works best to help mobilize the gas and to relieve the soreness. I know I am waaay late in responding ...but I don't get to this board all the time. Hope all is well now ... keep us updated. wanda
nitengale
on 3/5/06 3:10 am - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Topic: RE: Brokeback Mountain?
Its been a while since you posted...did you go see Brokeback? If so what did you think? I am so excited about the Academy Awards tonight. I love the movies and wish I could be there in person. I'll just sit here and cheer for my favs and make my neighbors wonder what in the world is going on!!! Wanda
Heather B.
on 2/22/06 8:34 am - Flanders, NJ
I found the actual definition cowboy: A hired man, especially in the western United States, who tends cattle and performs many of his duties on horseback. Also called cowman, cowpoke, cowpuncher, sheepherder: A person who herds sheep, especially on an open range; a shepherd. Since the guys rode horses to herd the sheep, cowboy is the appropriate word
Heather B.
on 2/22/06 5:59 am - Flanders, NJ
Hi Pamela. I thought they were considered both, that sheep herding was part of being a "cowboy". So what's the definition of a cowboy? Now inquiring minds want to know! LOL Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
Seriously? Seriously....
Selendrile · 0 replies · 552 views
Hey Guys...
nitengale · 0 replies · 415 views
Brokeback Mountain
Pamela E. · 3 replies · 455 views
Brokeback Mountain?
LauraSlidell · 2 replies · 476 views