Let's DO this!

So Blessed!
on 7/15/05 12:41 am
Hi! I'm a singer (jazz, blues, old school R&B), bass player, and song writer. I'm also getting back into MIDI composition after a long hiatus. I typically perform a couple times a month in a piano jazz duo at a bistro here in Dayton, but recently connected with an R&B group. I'm looking to expand my opportunities to perform. I hadn't pushed it too hard before because of my weight - people just didn't take me seriously. Recently when I've been out I've received a much warmer reception. I think it's my time. Anyone have experience putting together press packages, web sites, demos, etc? How did you get your name out there? Sue ZQ
So Blessed!
on 7/15/05 1:05 am
Hi!
So Blessed!
on 7/15/05 1:06 am
Let's get this page ROCKING!
Dimple Donna
on 7/15/05 1:19 am - Chicago, IL
Hey Sue ZQ - I am not a composer, or anything like that but...I LUV TO SING! I have been singing all my life, member of my church's 300+ voice choir and our Praise/Worship team. I'm making this page a favorite... Donna
So Blessed!
on 7/15/05 1:22 am
Wow...that is a HUGE choir. Do you have any CD's yet? Sue ZQ
Dimple Donna
on 7/15/05 2:26 am - Chicago, IL
Yes; we have 4. Visit our website @ tucc.org if you're interested in purchasing; also, our Women's Chorus has a nice CD too. Have you heard the song, "Let Your Praise Cover it Up?" If so, that's us. Also, I'll tell you another one we're on...The Barrett Sisters, "Jesus Will" - they recorded that song on our CD, The Artist. Dolores Barrett Campbell is a member of my church. Other well-known musicians who are Trinitarians: Jerry Butler The Late (& great) Pop Staples (& his daughters) Common Ludacris And we also stake claim to our first ever African American U.S. Senator, Barack Obama (a long-time member of my church). Donna
So Blessed!
on 7/15/05 3:16 am
When I was a little girl my daddy used to listen to a song by Pop Staples called "Why am I Treated so Bad?" I have searched and searched for a copy of that song for years, but have been unable to find it. Sue ZQ
Dimple Donna
on 7/15/05 3:37 am - Chicago, IL
Did you want a copy of it? There is a place here in Chicago that sells old music and they may very well have it. I'll let you know in a few... Donna
So Blessed!
on 7/15/05 3:49 am
Donna, if you can find a copy of that song for me I would be forever grateful. Sue ZQ
So Blessed!
on 7/18/05 2:37 am
Hi Donna, I got your e-mail, but when I responded vial your aol address, it bounced back. Well, anyway, my response read as follows: Woo HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Thank you SO much! I will FIND a record player. Yes, I'll be in Atlanta. I'll see you there. Sue ZQ
Most Active