WLS @ Balboa NMC anyone?

moodimus
on 12/30/05 2:14 pm - huntington beach, CA
Hello I am new to this site. I have finally received my 'date' for WLS 2/6/06. Has anyone here had surgery at Balboa? I have met a few military folks who had WLS at various SD hospitals through TRICARE. I guess the program is still very new at Balboa........... I live in Huntington Beach (near Seal Beach) and am very excited! Any info would be appreciated. Heidi
Chemaine
on 1/1/06 10:59 am - San Diego, CA
Heidi, Mine is January 9th!!!! at Balboa. We have classes we take and a support group. In fact on the 10th we have a person coming to talk to everyone on the changes that happen to you after surgery!! I have a friend who had VSG at Balboa and one who had RNY. Which procedure are you having. Feel free to email me. ::hugs:: Cyndi
happyme
on 1/2/06 11:53 am - Coronado, CA
Hi Heidi my name is Tami and I had my WLS at Balboa June 2004. I live in Coronado. My doctor has long since left Balboa and went to a practice out of the Navy in Hollywood. I'm not from CA so I don't know how far up you are from us down here. Good luck on your surgery in February. If you want to email me privately my email is [email protected] or [email protected] We have a support group web site for military if you would like it. Let me know and you can join us there. It's pretty quite alot, but it's there. Tami
Chemaine
on 1/8/06 9:19 am - San Diego, CA
Tami, Can you send me that website link? ::hugs:: Cyndi
happyme
on 1/11/06 6:51 am - Coronado, CA
Cindi I emailed to you about how to join the Balboa WLS site. Tami
bellastorridus
on 2/3/06 7:35 am - Spring Valley, CA
Oh Wow! Hi Heidi! I saw your name and had to say hi...LOL. You used to be the ombudsman on my DH's ship, USS Peleliu. You were so kind to me during the last westpac with the video teleconference thing. My little newborn baby from then is now two and a half! I havenever forgotten that kindness you showed me...just wanted you to know that. Anyways... I am having surgery at Balboa too and I have heard that its not too bad of an experience at all. I've finished all my pre-op stuff and have my pre-op appointment scheduled(2/26). My doctor is Dr. Groves. Who are you seeing? I know everything is going to go just great for you. Best of luck and keep in touch! ([email protected]) -Karen Cothen
Most Active
Recent Topics
clothing exchange
navy_wife · 0 replies · 319 views
New to this and the Navy
Michelle L. · 3 replies · 446 views
Hampton Roads area?
Jen R. · 1 replies · 330 views
Newbie w/PCM question
angela_in_sd · 1 replies · 440 views