Recent Posts

navy_wife
on 5/7/10 2:31 pm
Topic: clothing exchange
Hello to all,

I'm trying to start a new group so that we will be able to exchange clothes!  I've been searching for a group but have found none.  If you are interested PLEASE JOIN, what do you have to lose... but maybe some CLOTHES(or gain if you are receiving them)!!!
Again this is a new group so please bare with me.  If you go under community and click groups directory then search CLOTHING EXCHANGE, you should see a group by me!

Thanks soo much for your support,

Navy_Wife  
 Without PAIN,TEARS & SWEAT We wouldnt know what LAUGHTER & VICTORY felt like!
Hard work WILL pay OFF!! 

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/08 1:18 am - Lemoore NAS, CA
mamaharen
on 10/10/07 8:10 am - Lemoore, CA
Topic: Lemoore NAS, CA anyone here from there???
Hi, I am a chiefs wife stationed in Lemoore, CA....anyone else from here??? Cheri
NavyWifeRenee
on 7/20/07 2:26 pm - Williamsburg, VA
Topic: RE: New to this and the Navy
Hi Michelle, I was excited too about running across someone I could relate so much with. Sorry about your ulcer. I've had one before and they are sooooo painful. As it stands now with my reflux my doc has me on 3 medicines for it. I'm not sure how surgury would help that. I don't mind medicine so long as it doesn't make me sleepy during the day. I hate not having energy. My daughter Andie ( it's short for DeAndrea) is in Seattle right now visiting her father till the 29th of this month but I'm sure she would love to meet your step daughter. We just moved here in May and she hasn't met any kids her age that live near us cause I drive her to the school over by Yorktown base housing since we're on the waiting list for them. That way when we do move she doesn't have to change schools. Bad thing is the no local friends. I'd love to pick your brain about the whole process. Tricare is my biggest concern. I qualify but just barely and my civilin PCP is against weight loss surgery. Yet he inquired if I would be interested in surgery for my stress incotognis. (spelling?) Makes no sense to me. I need to schedual another appointment with him and push for a referral again. There's a large park that the kids love off Monticello by Target. We could let the kids run around and chit chat. It even has a small fenced in toddler playground directly next to the larger one that I bet your 2 year old would love. Now I just have to pawn the baby off on hubby. ;) I'll talk to you soon. Hope you have a great weekend! Renee
Michelle L.
on 7/17/07 12:19 pm - williamsburg, VA
Hey Renee, Thanks for writing me, Its exciting to be able to talk to someone that I have so mu*****ommon with. I started out in a size 20 and Im now a size 7 in juniors, the surgery does amazing things, but at the same time its got its downfalls. I have a horrible ulcer that keeps on coming back and have to take medicine everyday. I also have an 11 yr old step daughter that is staying with us here in Williamsburg for the summer and will be here until the end of August. She is a super sweet girl, and our one issue is that she doesnt know any kids her age here and would love to have play dates with other girls. Since we are both kind of new to the area maybe we can get together sometime with all the kids and we can share stories about the surgery. and answer any questions you might have. You can always write me back on here, or just give me a call if you need anything or want to meet for lunch sometime, 252-489-8799 hope to hear from you soon Michelle
NavyWifeRenee
on 7/17/07 4:27 am - Williamsburg, VA
Hi Michelle, I'm new to this too and just recently moved to Williamsburg. My husband and I have been together for 7 years. We have 3 kids. My oldest daughter is 11 and will be starting 6th grade soon. We also have a 4 year old girl and a 10 month old son. My husband is a cheif out at Yorktown Naval base. He's been in around 14 years now. I'm still figuring out how the Navy works so don't feel like you have to know everything now that your a wife. lol I met my husband when I was a size 9 (in juniors) and still had youth on my side. I've always fought with my weight and would go back and fourth with the scale. Now at 29 I'm a size 20/22 with a BMI just over 40. I'm still fumbling through all the steps to getting WLS. I see a local civilian doc and unfortunitly he is against gastric bypass and gave me the whole "eat better and excercise more then come back and see me". I have Gurd, stress incotenence, and mild but chronic back, hips and knee pain. My husband is leaving at the end of the month for some training till September so I was hoping to get things started before then. We'll see what happens. Anyway just wanted to say Hi and hope to talk with you some more.
KittyKatt
on 3/25/07 3:02 pm - San Diego, CA
Topic: RE: Tagged an Exceptional Family Member after WLS?
I had my WLS in Portsmouth about 3 1/2 years ago and I have been placed as a Cat 4 Exceptional Family Memeber due mostly in part to having the surgery. But my husband has had no problem getting orders as in the U.S., we cannot go out of the States and we have to be stationed close to a major medical faclity. Jeannie 244/1125
Michelle L.
on 2/19/07 9:08 pm - williamsburg, VA
Topic: New to this and the Navy
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone on here, Im new to the Navy, I got married Dec 06 to a Navy corpsman, who has been by my side when I was at my heaviest and gave me sooo much support through my surgery and afterward. Since Im so new to the military life im still trying to figure out certain things, like i have a 2 yr old daughter and I would love to do activites with her and meet other navy moms, anyone know anything about that? well good luck to everyone and hope to get to know some of you!!! michelle start 245 current 175 goal 140
Michelle L.
on 2/18/07 8:27 pm - williamsburg, VA
Topic: RE: Hampton Roads area?
Hey Jennifer, I am also a Navy wife, Im pretty new to it though, just got married Dec 2 06, But we live in Williamsburg va. We go to VA beach a lot though my brother in law lives there. are you pre or post op? michelle start 245 current 175 goal 140
Jen R.
on 1/19/07 2:19 am - VA
Topic: Hampton Roads area?
Hi there, I am a Navy wife and live in Virginia Beach. I would love to hear from others in our area. Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
clothing exchange
navy_wife · 0 replies · 319 views
New to this and the Navy
Michelle L. · 3 replies · 446 views
Hampton Roads area?
Jen R. · 1 replies · 330 views
Newbie w/PCM question
angela_in_sd · 1 replies · 439 views