Just Learning...

Kimmie
on 1/19/06 2:30 am - Cobb, WI
Hi all, I'm just learning how to crochet. I have recently quit smoking...2 weeks ago today and need to find something to do with my hands in the evening! I know how to do the basic back and forth thing. Nothing else! Anyone have any good sites that explain in an easy manor how to crochet the pretty stuff! You know, with the holes in it! Or is there anyone in my area that I can meet up with to learn. I'm a better hands on learner. Thanks, Kimmie
pubcat997
on 1/19/06 4:04 am - Dallas, GA
I'm a knitter but Coats and Clark make a "learn to" CD for both knitting and crocheting. It's about $8 online for either version or you can find in most local yarn shops. The knitting one is very good. It shows you visually how to make stitches and basic information. Here's a link. And congratulations on quitting smoking!!!!! I quit four years ago and never looked back. Now I spend all that money on lovely YARN! http://www.coatsandclark.com/find_a_product/knitting_crochet/learn_how.htm
tmgenz34
on 1/19/06 11:26 pm - La Crosse, WI
Hi Kimmie, I live in La Crosse, not too far... But, when I was first learning how to crochet, I would go on google and just search for whatever stitch I wanted or pattern I wanted. Here is one page that has a lot of the 'tutorials'. http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/tutorials.php Congratulations on the smoking. That is such a good thing!! Good luck to you. Tonia
Kimmie
on 1/26/06 10:05 am - Cobb, WI
Thanks, Great website I just checked it out and saved it to my favorties!! Kimmie
Pegtrala
on 2/4/06 9:10 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Tonia. Thanks for the web link. It's a good one. Do you know of a good knitting site? Thanks! Peg
puddin2day
on 2/1/06 1:01 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Go to www.stitchguide.com They have videos of most of the stitches being made. Just click on the stitch that you are interested in.
tmgenz34
on 2/5/06 9:37 pm - La Crosse, WI
The best site for knitting is www.knittinghelp.com.
pubcat997
on 2/9/06 4:30 am - Dallas, GA
And don't forget www.knitty.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Question for crocheters...
patriotmom · 1 replies · 583 views
knitter/crocheter/spindler
bevsyarncrazy · 1 replies · 566 views
New to this board!
hotmamawannab · 0 replies · 511 views
Hello Ladies ;-)