MADE it through THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!

wc4ever2000
on 10/9/12 2:56 am
Hey

So how did everyone's Thanksgiving go??

I had 25 people at my house for dinner and I am on my 3rd week of Shakes only (Optifast 900). I found it hard but I DID IT!!! I cooked for and cleaned up behind 25 people and I DIDNT LAPSE!!!

The hardest part was people nagging at me to come sit at the table. All I wanted to do was hide in the kitchen to stay away from the food and they were all trying to get me to come sit at the table.

It seems like no matter how many times I say to people I DONT want to sit at the table please leave me be they still never get it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The hardest part for me I think is my attitude change - my sister asked my mom when I can eat again because I a B***H now and I am usually the sweet nice pushover one in the family. That really bugged me because I don't want my personality to change but my patience for dumb people is getting thin! Does anyone have any tips for that too? lol

Also on another note to all the CANADIANS out there on shakes - I found a great sit it is buycoffeecanada.com they sell the TORANI sugar free calorie free coffee flavourings that are AMAZING in the shakes. Right now they have the 750 ml bottles for 11.95 and free shipping over 49$. The only problem is some of them habe 1 CARB which is actually equivalent to 4 calories :S so you have to read the bottle!

Ok that is my rant for the day

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/12 9:02 am - Canada

Congrats on surviving so many challenges this weekend while on Optifast! I would not have been as brave to host 25 people as you were...I'm so impressed you avoided all temptation.

And a big high 5 (I tried to insert smiley but that doesn't seem to be working for me...froze computer my last 2 attempts...so leaving them out of my post) for being assertive. It is not *****iness. You used to be a pushover..."used to be"...poor sister doesn't like the strong assertive sister anymore. That's her too bad, isn't it? It's tough to be assertive...it's so much easier to please everybody, isn't it. :) Keep that up...great new behaviour!

I think we had a unit that covered that. I'll check my binder. If you don't have something like that, maybe I can scan it and share it with you by email.

BTW...the sugar-free syrups are awesome in Optifast. Starbucks has a sugar-free cinnamon dolce (1L bottle for $9.95) that is awesome in both flavours of shakes. I added a spoonful of instant coffee to shake with 500mL of water (I like a very thin shake) and 1 tbsp of syrup (or 2 pumps if you can get a pump)...you end up having a grande latte or mocha latte. Awesome! :)

Keep up the great work and hold on to your new attitude! (I've got that song going through my head now...I gotta new attitude)

Tammy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 335 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 461 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 672 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 882 views