Well, started my latest and greatest LIFESTYLE CHANGE today

brock2006
on 10/24/12 12:07 am
Hello,

For those of you who don't know me (I'm guessing thats most of you), I'm Brock.  A 34 year old married banker from Minnesota.  I have one son, Ross, who is 11-months old...born 11-16-11.  There is another one in the oven, due 5-12-13 (Mother's Day).  My wife, Kristy, is a saint.  I love my life.  I love my family.  I'm quite happy.

Happy except for my weight.  I had bariatric suregery back in the day, but regained.  I was 350 pounds once, had surgery at 320, and lost weight down to about 200.  That was 8-21-08 when I hit my low.  But I re-gained 95 pounds, because I sit here today at 295 lbs.

So, what am I doing?  Well, not relying on my Bariatric Surgery anymore, for one.  I'm re-losing it on my own.  Today I did my first C25K work.  I plan on converting myself into a runner by the time #2 arrives.  I'm trying to drink boatloads of water, while limiting, if not eliminating, alcohol, soda, juice, etc.  As far as meals, my guideline is EAT WHATEVER, JUST DON'T SKIP.  I haven't been very good about actually eating these last few years, thus probably ruining any metabolism I had.

I think through these efforts, I can attain my goal of losing 100 lbs. before the end of 2013, if not sooner.

I'm excited, and meet you all!

Brock
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/12 6:22 am - Canada
Welcome and glad you are joining us. Good for you for starting your lifestyle change today.

We're trying to get this board more active so come back often...the loyal few of us that are here are good supporters as we struggle through together.

Are you tracking your food on My Fitness Pal? Many of my friends are finding this to be a very helpful tool...some are using it on their computer and others on iPhone, android or BB.

Tammy
brock2006
on 10/24/12 11:37 pm
Thanks for the welcome!

I don't track my foods.  I tried that, it did not help me.  Plus it was quite time consuming.
Supergirl7877
on 10/24/12 1:50 pm
HI Brock!

Nice to see another runner is going to be made!  I started out with just 30 mns a day.  I didn't make it very far in the beginning....I remember feeling awesome at 2 miles in 30 mins.  Then I started to play around.  Perhaps 2.5 was easy to keep up with so I would challenge myself to run 1/4 of a lap at 3  then up and up and up.  I kind of giggle thinking about this.  I have it all logged somewhere :)  Today I ran a 5k in 26 minutes.  I typically take 45 minutes and go 4.5 miles (including .25 warm up and .25 cooldown) and it all started from playing around. My current max speed is 8.5mph and my "easier" mile is 6.5 :)

I also have to agree with logging food.  I lost my last 70 in 2011 and it was totally from bodybugg and making sure that my foods were logged.  I eat alot of fruit and veggies and whole grain.  I also regurally eat jellybeans (8 calories a piece) and peanut m&ms (10 each).  I just make sure that I know what I am sticking in there.  I try not to drink any calories (I do love diet pop) and an occassional bud light 55.

I am glad to offer any support that I can.  Know that you can do it.  I failed so long and so many times...I finally learned this:  If I am on a trip and I take a wrong exit I figure out how to get back on the interstate and continue on my trip.  I have never turned around and come home from one little wrong turn.  I try to apply the same to food and staying in this LIFESTYLE CHANGE.  :)

Good luck, friend!

brock2006
on 10/24/12 11:39 pm
Great seeing a fellow runner.  Congrats on your success on the track.  I hope to be there one day.
Supergirl7877
on 10/25/12 12:33 am
You will! Just keep consistent! I know that is one thing that worries me with surgery....I won't be running for about 6 weeks. Eeek....I never thought I would see the day when I would be in tears about not running.

I am here....i love love love to run...if i can be of any support
brock2006
on 10/25/12 1:02 am
Surgery?
Supergirl7877
on 10/25/12 1:17 am
The plastic surgery...tummy tuck, thigh lift, and breast lift/augmentation. 12 runs until then....and I only have 11 more nights of rocking my baby boy to sleep...
brock2006
on 10/25/12 2:14 am
Wish my wife rocked me to sleep.

Wait, was what you said a euphamism?
Supergirl7877
on 10/25/12 2:53 am
Ha. No. I really mean my baby 4.5 year old. It is a huge mommy growing pain and somewhat entertaining that it takes major surgery to force me to let him grow up....my kids are doomed!

The other baby boy will miss his rocking too....6 weeks of none of that activity!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 335 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 461 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 671 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 882 views