Question about hunger and/or meal times

STACE518
on 11/19/12 4:57 am
So I have a question for everyone. How is it possible to eat 3 balanced meals, or even 6 small ones instead if that's what some people prefer. When your not hungry during meal times or maybe even 3 times a day. Don't get me wrong that should be a blessing to some degree that I'm not always hungry right now lol. Is it possible to "train" your body to eat at certain times? And is that a good thing? Just food for thought today :)
chellelynn3
on 11/19/12 7:32 am - san bernardino, CA

I think the most important thing is not eating too late at night, after a certain point our bodies begin to "clean house" so to speak and the liver kicks it into high gear after about 8 p.m. when we eat constantly the body never gets to rest enough to detox and clean up! Our bodies are actually really smart, and they can go without eating constant meals (believe it or not) I think we are trained to think that we need to eat all day long, but really this is not true, are you drinking enough water? Getting some movement in... having regular bowel elimination?  All of these things will contribute to your hunger sensations, and if you really aren't that hungry then  don't stress it! Many cultures eat only 1 or 2 times a day and are much healthier than we are in America! That is my 2 cents enlightened

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

STACE518
on 11/19/12 10:30 am
Thank you so much for your 2 cents! lol ....it makes perfect sense. My whole issue I have been having is over whether or not it would affect metabolism. However, as you pointed out the not eating after 8pm goes with that I suppose. Sometimes I really think the problem people have with getting healthy is information overload. Sometimes you just don't know what to believe and what not to believe.
chellelynn3
on 11/20/12 1:53 am - san bernardino, CA

So true! I am more than halfway through my school program and I totally get the "information overload" syndrome! We are being taught over 100 different dietary theories but its all good info and with all of it I am learning to intuitively learn into what I know is best for me, the beauty of it is I think we all has this ability, its just hard to tap into it with so much information overload lol!

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 335 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 461 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 671 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 882 views