For the next person who tells me they can't...

Supergirl7877
on 7/25/13 7:04 am
I couldn't either and then I effin' did!

A rant, by me.

I was obese my entire life. I too did hundreds and dad diets...I too could walk at a very fast pace...I too lost and regained probably thousands of pounds!

Then one day I made some changes. I have *stayed consistent* in my diet and activity and I have lost 160 lbs. here is my secret I LET GO OF MY EXCUSES! I LET GO OF MY "I CAN'TS" and then I frickin' did it. Period.

I run 5 miles or more a day...usedta couldn't! I started where I was and worked my way to where I am. None if it was easy. I earned this...YOU can too.

Disclaimer: this is not an anti surgery rant as I support the choices of others. This IS a rant about people asking how I have lost and maintained my weight only to throw the "oh I could never do that" card up. You can if you choose!
MyBariatricLife
on 7/26/13 7:45 am

Well said!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Supergirl7877
on 7/31/13 2:13 am
Oh gosh..thank you. I was a little crabby that day.
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/13 2:13 pm
I'm rethinking surgery, I've already postponed it. The ladies on the gastric bypass rny forums are psychos when you ask questions about the negatives of surgery. They are disgusting people, some of them. They actually make me not want to have the surgery even more bc I never want to be that ugly inside. My surgeon talked with me today, it's not that I don't trust him, I just have fears....and I'm not sure I can honestly say I exhausted ALL efforts. I have anxiety issues with life changing things, reading your story was reassuring. I am seriously thinking I can do it without surgery. Ohhh...it's going to be so hard. Called my PCM to see if he will refer me to a nutritionist. I am going to need help. Thanks for a bit of a wake up call/reassurance.
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/13 9:42 am
You can do it! I am living proof that if you wake up and still have activity in your limbs then you can and will lose the weight in time. I will say I have enjoyed the getting to know myself over the last 2yrs and like Supergirl said, "you can if you choose too"
Supergirl7877
on 11/27/13 11:15 am

I am sorry that I missed this post!  How are you doing???

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/13 12:33 pm

I started eating "better" and exercising on oct 22.  3 weeks later I lost 9 lbs. I'm nervous though because of thanksgiving and I had a soda today, I gave up soda when I started. I pray I'm still losing. If not, I know what I need to do to start and that would be eat less!!!!! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/13 12:36 pm

I honestly couldn't do the surgery, my cousin died after it at the age of 35 ish, my other cousin 10 years ago had the surgery, I found out a few months ago something tore inside??? And her intestines were emptying inside. She was so sick, her daughter refuses to have the surgery bc of what her mom went through. I just pray I can do this!!!

Supergirl7877
on 11/27/13 2:26 pm

I am sorry to hear that. I am so thankful that besides gaining weight back my family members have not had any lifelong issues.   9 lbs in a month!!! woohoo!!!!  do that 10 months that is 90 lbs!!  You can do this. Stay consistent.  It didn't take a day to gain and it won't go away that quickly either.     I have a plan for tomorrow...I eat lots and lots and lots of veggies before dinner (volumetrics is my pal) The veggie tray (no dip) is my BFF.  When it is time for dinner I have a touch of what I like and then get outta there!  I can't wait for the "worms in dirt" that my sister will make...I have a very specific amount and then, get out!!!   I know you can do this. Just keep swimming.  I learned to forgive myself often.  If I have a slip up tomorrow I will forgive me and then make my next choice a healthy choice.  Have a happy day!   I am around and I would love to be supportive as you do this!!  
cajungirl
on 11/27/13 9:04 pm

Good luck trying on your own. That's not a bad idea if you haven't exhausted every chance to lose AND keep it off. Statically 2-5% of morbidly obese people lose over 100 lbs and keep it off, hopefully you will fall in that small percentage. 

I tried many diets with no long-term success. I researched WLS for 6 years and didn't do it because I wasn't emotionally ready. You are young if this doesn't work for you (and I hope it does) you still have the option of WLS. 

Being almost 9 years post-op and complication free I'd do it again in a heart beat. I'm almost 50 years old....I don't know how many years I have left everyone dies eventually but I do know I'll continue to enjoy the years afforded me with the excess weight gone and no comorbidities thanks to WLS. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 336 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 464 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 673 views
Plant Based