Getting motivated

Cloudieskies
on 9/6/13 4:50 am
I had a baby 5 months ago what better motivation to lose weight can there be? To be healthy and active for my baby is what I want but unfortunately I'm having a bit of trouble with that. I'm 29 yrs old 5'6 and currently 276lbs, which actually is a lot better than where I was before. At my heaviest i weighed 333lbs. and the motivations of trying to have a baby without fertility treatment helped me get down to 262 at one point before my pregnancy. I've been overweight all my life I know how hard it is to lose weight, lack of sleep and exhaustion aren't a great motivating factor either. My husbands great he's never made me feel bad about myself and puts up with my emotional roller coaster of insecurities that I've been on since I had our perfect baby boy. I worry that my insecurities will eventually drive a wedge between us but try and stay in faith that he will love me though anything. Any tips advice or motivating words that anyone could share would greatly be appreciated. I've looked into WLS but have too many doubts about it so feel like that might not be the right step for me yet.
Supergirl7877
on 9/10/13 11:58 am
A baby is great motivation! My two were a huge motivation for me. I didn't want them to have to be the next generation of fat people in my family. I was always obese...as we're my folks and siblings. My top weight, when pregnant with my soon-to-be 8 year old was 300lbs. I lost a bunch, got pregnant again, gained a lot of it back then got down to business. My son is 5. I was around 270 when he was born and am 140 today.

You can do this. Don't change everything in a day.make consistent healthier choices. For my .02 it paid off to never aim to lose 5lbs a week nor to follow some diet that I knew I couldn't maintain forever. Get moving. Teach your child by example how to be thr healthiest boy he can be. Be that momma out playing tag with the kis or taking them on a bike ride. Slow, steady and consistent win this race.

Feel free to drop me a line. I am glad to root you on!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 336 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 464 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 673 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 883 views