No insurance and need to lose 80-100 pounds. Suggestions?

merebridge
on 4/17/17 11:21 am

I'm needing to lose weight without insurance. (surgery isn't an option bc of no insurance and high cost) What options do I have?

Gwen M.
on 4/21/17 2:36 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Track everything you put into your mouth using something like MyFitnessPal and a kitchen scale. This includes liquids. From there, work on reducing your calories every week by 100/day. So if you're eating 2000 calories a day now, go to 1900 for a week. Then 1800 for a week, et****il you are consistently losing a little weight each week.

Prioritize protein and calorie free liquid, avoid refined and processed carbs, move as much as you can.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 40 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (down for maintenance) | Journal (down for maintenance)

merebridge
on 4/21/17 3:03 pm

Thank you for the info! I'm going to start and do my best! I have a lot to lose!

dangeloc
on 4/25/17 2:00 pm

Try Overeaters Anonymous! I opted for this while going through pre-surgery stuff and have lost 91 pounds in just 9 months! It is not easy, but it is very simple. You can find a meeting at www.OA.org. There are no dues or fees, you just a little bit to support the expenses of the group!

VeraWalker
on 2/9/18 11:50 am - Whiteville, NC

I had a lap band and had to have it removed because my body rejected it. (Long story)

I gained all of the 60 lbs I had lost back after it was removed.:(

I went to a Seminar conducted by a Surgeon in my hometown who specializes in vascular surgery. It was the most informative 2 hours I have ever spent.

He recommends a Low Carbohydrate Livestyle for health not weight loss (the side effect is weight loss.

My husband had a massive heart attack and we of course were eating as recommended by the heart dr. I had to trick him into going the next seminar. After we got there Doc mentioned Low Carb and if looks could kill I would not be her now!! LOL

After the seminar we got into the truck and he look at me (I am thinking here it comes) and says we are doing this!!

We have been on the Lifestyle for the last 2 years! I have lost around 65 lbs and still have a ways to go! He has lost 35 and is at his steady weight. Our cholesterol is under control and in the best shape in 15 years! The C-reactive protein is down so I do not suffer from the Fibromyalgia and Arthritis like before. I can not say enough about this lifestyle.

We do not miss any of the Carb laden food we used to consume. I have some great recipes in my Facebook group Vera's Low Carb Lifestyle. I eat cheese cake, 'Mock' Apple Crisp with Low Carb Ice Cream, Pizza Casserole, Wraps, Bagels.

Doc recommends a few book called The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living by by Stephen D. Phinney and Jeff S. Volek, The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Teicholz and Grain Brain by David Perlmutter.

If you want more info let me know.

Vera  LapBand 8/12/2008

Most Active
Recent Topics