On Weigh****chers, not WLS

kitties4
on 8/28/05 1:47 am - Cleveland, OH
I just found out about this new message board. I just couldn't go through with WLS. I felt it was too drastic for me, and I was too scared. Since I found out recently my husband has diabetes, I joined Weigh****chers for the both of us (he's not a meeting goer). I have chosen the Core Program. They supply you with a list of healthy foods to eat, and anything that isn't on that list can be counted on your 35 weekly points list. I'll find out tomorrow whether I've lost anything or not. If not, I'll make some adjustments. I am not in a hurry to lose weight, this time. I tried the Flex program ten years ago on Weigh****chers, and lost only 13 pounds in a year. I chose the worse possible foods to eat, and blamed it on Weigh****chers. Now I've matured some, and realize it was not their fault, it was mine. I could have chosen the Flex Program this time, but decided not to. On the Core Program, I am allowed to eat "until I am satisfied". This does not mean "until I am stuffed". I hate the feeling of being stuffed. My stomach hurts, and I want to throw up. I find so far I don't want to "pad" my diet, since I am eating enough to feel satisfied. Instead of eating 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, for example, I allow myself a cup. I find that I am so satisfied that I don't want to cheat. As long as I stick to their list, I am doing OK. I basically avoid foods that are real sugary or salty. Denise Phares
Donnamarie
on 8/28/05 2:10 am - NY
Denise, I went on WW at the end of January with my 12 year old son. We went to the meetings weekly, he absolutely loved it. He lost 17 lbs by the end of April and I had lost 29. I had knee surgery in March and in April (both legs) and the recovery made it impossible for me to traverse the mall and make it to the meetings. He was disappointed and we tried to stay on it ourselves but didn't succeed. I have since started South Beach and put him back on WW. I think WW is by far the best plan there is for healthy eating. They stress everything in moderation which is the key to eating for the rest of our lives. I wish you a ton of luck on this program. Donna
tiffanykelene
on 8/28/05 3:32 am - Willingboro, NJ
Hi there, I was recently denied for WLS and was told that I should do a 3 month program through AETNA and then have the surgeon resubmit my paperwork with the hopes of getting approved. I had also thought about WW as well, I have gone on their website and have been amazed at all they weight people have lost, I have to do something, since WLS isnt avail for me right now, I have to do something to keep from getting bigger............ Take Care, Tiffany
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 335 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 461 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 671 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 882 views