Removal of a post...confusion or anger?

Donnamarie
on 8/29/05 6:25 am - NY
Hello folks, Recently a WLS post-op posted a thread on the main message board. She talked about an article in WW magazine that spoke of 1 in 20 post WLS patients having "severe cardiovascular complications". She was very very upset that WW had written this about WLS. She went on to say she was going to complain and how dare they, and that she had tried their diet before and ended up losing weight only to regain it back plus more. I responded and said that while I understand her problem with the post I hardly thought that WW was some quack diet that was pushing themselves out there for all and undermining WLS because they wanted to make it look bad. I also pointed out that WW was a diet steeped in history and success and what they were merely pointing out is that one should eat right and exercise in order to lose weight so they did not have to undergo risky surgery. After a few posts the poster understood and even apologized for being angry. The reason for this post is, I checked back in the next morning to see if anyone else had responded and lo and behold the post was GONE, completely GONE!!!! I looked back to the day before to see where it had gone and it was just not there. I was shocked. I had never seen a post removed from the board, even the flaming ones, yet this one was gone. I have to admit to a bit of confusion and even speculated that the moderators of the board did not want even one post up there that might speak out against WLS. What are your views on this? Have you ever seen a post removed and for what reason? I still have to admit to being a bit put out by the fact that censorship like that might happen. I just hope there might be another explanation for it, although I cannot begin to imagine what that might be. Any thoughts? Donna
Maren McGregor
on 8/29/05 6:58 am - Southwest, WA
VSG on 10/17/07 with
Hi Donna, I did not see the post to which you are referring. I have seen any number of posts pulled. Usually they are pulled because things get really nasty and name calling occurs or because someone included a working link (instead of the link w/o the www removed) or copied & pasted something into the post in its entirety which was not allowed because it violated copy write laws. It is hard to say what may have occurred that caused the post to be pulled but I have seen any number of posts that could be seen as negative or "un-supportive" to WLS and they have not been pulled. I have noticed that sometimes posts are pulled for reasons no one seems to understand. Blessings, Maren
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 328 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 456 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 665 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 875 views