Put to sleep by two hour meetings

kitties4
on 9/7/05 5:54 am - Cleveland, OH
I used to belong to Weight Loss Solutions by Dr. Philip McGraw (Dr. Phil), and I went to one of their two hour meetings. This past year, our leader had a conflict, so another member took over the meetings. Well, she put me to sleep with her nonstop talking, and made the program really complicated by having do alot of "goal work" and writing to work her version of the program. I found I hated this type of thing, since it reminded me of when I was in school, and I didn't like school assignments. I left Dr. Phil's program (and meetings) and joined Weigh****chers just recently. Their meetings are a half hour long, and the lecturer doesn't talk non stop. And you don't need to do any homework, either. Also, at the other meeting, I was put in charge of the "group scale", so I had to lug it with me any time our leader decided it was time to get weighed. I tried Dr. Phil's program, but found it too complicated to follow. Also, I tried his food plan, and hated it, because it insisted you eat these tiny portions of food. He called this "portion moderation". I found eating 1/2 cup of oatmeal too restrictive, for one thing. And I tried his recipes. Although they were tasty, they were too time consuming for me to make, with my restrictive schedule. And he insisted you not eat after 7:30 at night, nor have any night snack. I often start my dinners at 8:00, 8:30, or 9:00 at night, because of my schedule, whi*****ludes seeing clients at night. I got tired of even watching his program. I'm sure his weight loss program is a good one, but it just didn't work for me. On the Weigh****chers Core Program, I get to eat larger amounts of healthy foods (like cottage cheese, yogurt, cereal), and I get to eat until I feel satisfied. Not stuffed. Feeling stuffed means I hurt inside. I eat around a cup of these foods, and I don't feel the need to cheat, because I do feel satisfied. In my 20s and 30s, I used to follow a diet to the letter. Now, if that diet involves food and portion size restrictions, I just can't follow it, any more. I'm in my 50s now. And definitely obese. And the core program doesn't feel like a "diet" like all the others did. So far, I've lost over 3 pounds on it. Denise Phares
Maren McGregor
on 9/7/05 6:16 am - Southwest, WA
VSG on 10/17/07 with
Denise, I am sorry Dr Phil's program didn't work for you and happy you found something that does! I have not tried the Dr Phil route but I have come to know that for any plan to work it has to have some flexibility and be able to be tailored to each individual's needs. I wish you the very best of success and am glad to see you post to our small (but hopefully growing) board. Blessings, Maren
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 336 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 464 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 673 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 883 views