bronchititis

dixieclark
on 1/15/06 10:52 am - Alvin, TX
I know that this has nothing to do with weight loss but I wanted to know if anyone is fighting the war that I am. I have been coughing, running 100 degrees of fever and feeling bad for almost a month, now. I have been to four doctors. I have had two regiments of antibiotics and a regiment of a Medrol Dose Pack. I am still sick so the last two doctors I went to told me it was probably viral. I have medicine that was prescribed for the cough but it is getting to where it does not work so I am taking Vicodin to get the codeine. It helps the cough, some. Have any of you had this and if you have had it how long did it hang on? I don't know how much more coughing I can stand. I do have asthma but the way. Thanks for any information you might have.
Lynette
on 1/15/06 1:02 pm - Cookeville, TN
Hi Dixie, I don't have any information, but I just wanted to wish you well. Take care. Lynette
dixieclark
on 1/16/06 2:28 am - Alvin, TX
Thanks. I just got a call from the doctor saying that my chest x-ray was normal. I could have told them that because I have had pnuemonia twice before and I knew that I did not have it this time. Basically, they said that I was going to have to wait it out and they would send some more cough medicine in. I guess I have two more weeks to go. Dixie
Donnamarie
on 1/16/06 2:04 am - NY
Dixie, I had a wicked case of bronchitis a few years ago. The doctor gave me Bioxin, and it was gone in 4 days. Hope you get some relief soon. Please don't self-medicate, it could be worse for you rather than better. Donna
dixieclark
on 1/16/06 2:34 am - Alvin, TX
Thanks for the information. I have not been taking anything but the codeine. The last time I had this I coughed so bad that the doctor put me on Tylenol with codeine to stop the cough. I just got a call from the doctor and they said that my chest x-ray was normal. I knew that it was because I have had pnuemonia twice before and I knew if did not feel like pnuemonia. I guess I just have to wait it out for two more weeks. They are supposed to send out something else for my cough. One thing for sure, I have proven that you cannot cough up a lung!! Lord knows I have coughed so much that I think that I have tried. Dixie
Caryl Mauk
on 1/16/06 3:26 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 06/26/06 with
I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I had some mean bouts of bronchitis last year brought on by my GERD. I found nebulizer treatments with albuterol, hot tea, and hydrocodone cough syrup did the most for me. I hope you feel better soon. Caryl
dixieclark
on 1/16/06 3:41 am - Alvin, TX
Thanks for the information. I hope this ends soon.
c&j's Maw-Maw
on 1/16/06 12:34 pm - Pulaski, TN
I've been sick off and on since Thanksgiving! I know that cough can be awful!! I hope you feel better soon! Kandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 328 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 456 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 665 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 874 views