On June 16, 2018 at 8:00 PM Pacific Time, bagmaven wrote:

Hey There,

I just started the Optifast medical program in Hamilton on June 13/18

Have you started yet?

Let me know if you start it!

ebonymc
on 7/22/18 6:51 pm
Topic: RE: Optifast Medcial Program ~ Sudbury ON

Hello! I'm thinking about joining the optifast program and so is my daughter. Maybe the it's more nutritious now than in the late 80's. hopefully they've added more vitamins or something. I don't know but I've tried every diet there is. I even had the lapband in 2009 and removed in 2014. I lost 50 lbs with itin the first 6 months and started gaining while still having it, plus the terrible reflux at night. been put on insulin and have since gained back 20 lbs.

Julia S.
on 7/19/18 1:24 pm
RNY on 02/12/18

I'm sure you don't want to hear this but I did the program in the late 1980's. It was horrible and one of the reasons I cannot tolerate shakes or smoothies now. I did not eat one bite of solid food in 12 weeks. I was weak with hunger, would almost pass out when going from sitting to standing. I had the most incredible gnawing hunger. Yes I lost 50lbs in that 12 weeks but I would not recommend it to anyone. I maintained the weight loss for about a year afterwards. I attended support group longer than that until the hospital dissolved it and would no longer support us. Which left us in the lurch, as we were promised lifetime support.

Best of luck to you!

5'5" 60 years old HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 212.9

M1-18.8 M2-6.5 M3-11.2 M4-8.5 M5-9.4 M6-3.2 M7- In Progress

bagmaven
on 6/16/18 1:00 pm

Hey There,

I just started the Optifast medical program in Hamilton on June 13/18

Have you started yet?

sweets8803
on 6/12/18 1:04 pm
Topic: RE: I lose 3 pounds a day as a hobby now.

How do you do this? Im trying every option before 100% deciding on surgery.

BluEyedCin
on 5/18/18 8:24 am
Topic: Optifast Medcial Program ~ Sudbury ON

Hello!

Looking to connect with others going through or have gone through this program in Sudbury.

My info session is May 30 2018

taniagirlca
on 5/4/18 1:49 pm
Topic: RE: Saxenda

Yes I have been on it for 6 weeks and I have lost 20 pounds so far. It is a daily injection, originally used as a diabetic drug when they discovered it also caused weight loss, so they doubled the strength and renamed it Saxenda. I am not diabetic by the way.

KayLavonne
on 5/4/18 8:43 am
Topic: RE: Saxenda

What is it? And how did the talk with your doctor go? Are you taking it now?

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/21/18 8:21 am, edited 4/21/18 1:41 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14 with
Topic: RE: medical records

I checked the Texas State Medical Board

https://public.tmb.state.tx.us/HCP_Search/SearchInput.aspx

and found this doctor currently registered. If this is your guy, send a request for your records. If this is your guy and you do not get a response within 15 days then file you can file a complaint with the state med bd - the complaint form is online. So you can get your records, or at least a response as to what they have.

The dr is currently not licensed to practice in the state of texas - he may have retired, but this is his last registered business address, they may know how to get a hold of him. http://reg.tmb.state.tx.us/OnLineVerif/Phys_ReportVerif_new. asp

CAPPS, RAYMOND LUIS H4212 Physician 1050 N. BELT LINE ROAD MESQUITE

H4212 is his med license number. This place may also be out of business, but they may have left a forwarding address. It may be worth a try to send a letter - if only the form requesting your records.

The 15 days is set by the Texas State Med Bd per the below website. Your current dr can provide the form for you to obtain your records. If you're serious, send your letter by registered mail, return rec requested.

See also http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/page/general-council-faqs-for-con sumers

There is also a dr with same name here:

https://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Raymond_Capps.html

Primary Address: RAYMOND LUIS CAPPS MD

417 Chippendale Dr
Rockwall, TX 75032
(972) 285-8981

Sorry, but you have some more researching to do.

Sharon  SW:267    GW:165    CW:145 

plino
on 4/4/18 4:55 pm
Topic: RE: medical records

Kathy S. Thank you for checking on that for me. As far as the hospital records I had the surgery there at the Bariatric Treatment Center. But i do think it is no longer operating.

Most Active
Recent Topics
medical records
plino · 3 replies · 624 views
Saxenda
taniagirlca · 2 replies · 881 views
I a newbie to Optifast as well
Ursie_mum · 1 replies · 1035 views