Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/10 4:43 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Topic: RE: What are you celebrating and proud of? Monday
Good Golly Miss Molly....so happy for you about the lb gone. 
It's all about calories in and calories out (burned)...you obviously worked out hard and burned more than you consumed - ergo the weight lose.  COOL!!
Molly S.
on 4/26/10 4:20 am - Chicago, IL
Hello,

I am proud that I made it to gym on a Monday!!  and I had a great workout to boot. I am also proud I lost one pound last week despite a rough eating week and lastly, I exercised 6 days last week. 

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

Molly S.
on 4/26/10 4:16 am - Chicago, IL
Topic: Avoid martyrdom.
Avoid martyrdom.

How many times have you sat down with friends at a dinner party for a lovely meal and someone, who has never had a weight problem, goes on and on about how they can't eat this or that because they are on a diet? As a result, at least some people at the table felt self conscious about filling their plate and enjoying their meal. Not only did the "dieter" spoil the meal, but they openly insulted the host by judging the dinner unfit to eat.

The middle of a dinner party is not the best time to share your personal choices and to become a martyr for your new lifestyle. You can take your smaller portions and not draw attention to them. If someone asks you why you took so little, just say you want to sample everything, and then change the subject. Be a rounded conversationalist, and people will remember the interesting person they sat next to as opposed to the person who made them feel bad about themselves.

Action for the day: Reflect on ways to be interesting around people instead of focusing everyone's attention on your food choices.
© 2010, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. All rights reserved. Daily Inspirations are provided by the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. Get our free report, How to Regain-Proof Your Weight Loss Surgery at www.nawls.com.

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

gloop
on 4/26/10 2:39 am
Topic: RE: i'm new to this part!!
Hi AB,
I'm in a similar situation as you.  I was scheduled to have RNY on March 31 but it got postponed so now I'm trying to lose my weight without surgery.  I've lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks.  It's not easy but it's possible.  Whatever you decide to try make sure it's something you can sustain for the rest of your life, something you are comfortable with and something that's going to be a PERMANENT lifestyle change.  To borrow a quote from someone "I'm training for maintaining"  it really is all about lifestyle choices.  Change is not easy but if you are motivated enough it can be done.  Be patient and forgiving with yourself and remember slow and steady wins the race.

I'm in the process of changing my diet, relationship with food and my lifestyle.  I'm in training for maintaining.
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/10 1:51 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Topic: RE: What are you celebrating and proud of? Weekend Edition
WAHOOOOO    walking for 4 hours is awesome.  Do you use a pedometer?  I bet you past the 10,000 steps mark.
veronica928
on 4/26/10 1:48 am - AZ
Im proud and already celebrating !!! this week that I im going to lose 3 more lbs this week to make it a total of
100lbs lost!!! yay!!!!

chellelynn3
on 4/26/10 1:41 am - san bernardino, CA
 It's a beautiful day here, supposed to be 85 degrees today! , I had a great workout this morning and I am mentally preparing for a great week!   

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/10 1:39 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Topic: What are you celebrating and proud of? Monday
Good Morning!
It's bright and sunny Monday morning in these parts......hope it is by you too.

My day started with an appointment at the eye doctor, now I begin with my daily routine.

I can't think of anything I'm celebrating in particular this morning....maybe something will happen during the day....I'll come back and post an update.

In the meantime, how about you....what are you celebrating and/or proud of?

Have a great day!!!
Ruth
chellelynn3
on 4/26/10 1:38 am - san bernardino, CA
Topic: RE: i'm new to this part!!
 Congratulations and welcome to an amazing journey! if you stick with it, you will NOT fail!!! Welcome! 

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 336 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 463 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 673 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 883 views