wanting to go back to work

nanjb
on 4/26/05 2:01 am - Mt. Morris, MI
I am an RN-Associates Degree. I haven't worked as an RN since 97 but would like to get back in the work force. Any suggestions for brushing up on my skills? I called the local college but they don't offer any refresher courses. Thank you. Nancy
oldpolly1
on 5/1/05 9:13 pm - Gold Canyon, AZ
Nancy, You have a pulse, right? And a license? Are you kidding? You can get a job working on a med/surg floor by tomorrow!!! You'll be surprised at how much you still know. It's mostly common sense, anyway. Just take the time to look up the new meds as you give them and you're home free!!! Thank goodness for the nursing shortage, it's so easy to find a job!! Bonnie B
nanjb
on 5/1/05 9:53 pm - Mt. Morris, MI
Thanks Bonnie. I know that there is a lot of jobs out there. I guess I am just not very confident but you are right.....it is common sense and as long as I follow the patients rights, look up the new meds and ask questions when I don't know something I should do okay. Thanks for the input! Nancy
N'Awlins Kat
on 5/12/05 5:31 pm - TX
They WILL hire you as long as you are licensed... Just tell the recruiter that you will need a good orientation to "renew" your skills. It's like the proverbial bicycle... the only thing you might take some time to brush up on is pharmacology, and you can buy the textbooks and review that on your own ... the rest will fall right into place Good Luck!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Nurses Week to all
RobinNJ · 0 replies · 305 views
Bad side of nursing....
kathy B. · 1 replies · 1106 views
Healthcare for nurses
~Beautiful One~ · 4 replies · 367 views
Orlando Support Group Meetings
slimderella · 2 replies · 822 views