HOW TO DO IT WITH CHILDREN

INSTANTKARMA
on 5/26/05 2:56 am - In a van down by the river, PA
NEED HELP/ADVISE, WHAT EVER U CAN OFFER. I WOULD LIKE TO START NURSING SCHOOL BUT HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH KIDS...NOT MUCH SUPPORT ...HUBBY WORKS 13 HOURS A DAY AND IM HOME WITH THE KIDS..I HAVE A PREVIOUS DEGREE IN HUMAN SERVICE. HAS ANYONE DONE IT WITH YOUNG CHILDREN WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVISE. FEELING THE NURSING BUG.
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/05 11:55 am - Bessemer, MI
Well, I have just started on my pre-nursing classes and I have two children at home, 9 and 3. I also have one angel baby who passed at 18 days. Part of me going into nursing comes from my experience with Tristan. I have always done Nursing work...aide. Anywho...it would be easier with my oldest in school but he got out the friday before I started!! My younger son goes to the day care at our church. He really enjoys it and we qualify for assistance which will help when we actually begin to get it. I am only taking 2 classes right now, and Im not sure how its gonna go come fall with a full schedule. You have a degree already so you probably wont have to take a lot of the pre- requisites! Good luck to you, let me know what you decide. I know it will be hard work, but well worth it! Roxanne Momma to: Zackery 9 Nathan 3 and Tristan born 3/7/05 and passed 3/25/05 heart defect
INSTANTKARMA
on 7/4/05 5:28 am - In a van down by the river, PA
Sorry it took me so long to reply...however I just want to thank u so much for your response to my post. I am so so so sorry to hear of the loss of your child. My daughter was born 3/5/05, just days before your Tristan. Thanks for all the info, I am checking into all resources I may have....which dont look good right now. I may have to wait till the kids are in kindergarten or pre-school. I only have 4 pre-requisites...so it looks promising.. and again thanks for taking the time to respond..and I do'nt even know the words to say concerning your loss.
Szarcigany
on 6/20/05 2:07 pm - Advance, NC
When I was in nursing school, there were several women with children that were getting assistance thru agencies such as Job Corp and Women's Assistance. Check with the your community services, junior colleges, and ask anyone that you can think of, even your pastor, your doctor,the kids doctors,etc. Find out about a waiting list to get into a school. Put your name on it ASAP. I was on the list for two years before they called me, but it gave me time to take a few other courses like the English and the psychology courses that are required to graduate, but not tied into the nursing program. Go for it, girl! I was 43 when I went back. Don't wait until the kids get out of high school like I did. Show them what a momma can do to make a better life for her family. Good luck!
Melissa P.
on 6/28/05 6:04 am - tampa, FL
I DID IT SINGLE AND WORKED 2 PART TIME JOBS IT WAS VERY TOUGH BUT I COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF MY COMMUNITY CHECK YOUR LOCAL YMCA SOMETIMES THEY HAVE CHILDCARE PROGRAMS ALSO CHECK PUBLIC SERVICES WE HAVE SOMETHING IN TAMPA CALLED THE CHILDCARE COORDINATING AGENCY IT IS A GOOD CHOICE I AM NOW A NURSING INSTRUCTOR WELL I TEACH PHLEBOTOMY EKG AND CNA BUT YOU WILL BE FINE IT IS VERY TOUGH BUT JUST REMEMBER THE PAYOFF IN THE END IT IS SO WORTH IT
jarrn03
on 11/12/05 2:16 am - Lebanon, OR
I went through nursing school married, working full time, 3 kids..got pregnant 3 yrs after having my tubes tied..found out I was preg during my first yr of NS fall finals. Then I proceded to deliver #4 12 weeks early..and still made it through. I had huge support from family. I did all my prereq's 1-2 classes at a time so I had nothing left to do while I was in the program..just nursing classes. I think a lot of it has to do with what your out look on life is. I am a very " I can and I will " person if that makes since. It's all about how much you want it. I've been a labor and delivery nurse for 2 1/2 yrs now and it's the most fullfilling job I've ever had. I love it!!! Best of luck to you! Julie RNY 3-26-04 Dr. Aquirre, Ensenda Mexico 255/147/150
diggsyj
on 3/31/06 7:16 am - NJ
RNY on 04/07/06 with
Hello, My name is Jeanine. I went to school to become a LPN first. Now I am studying the fast-track for RN. My daughter was about 6 when I began nursing school. When I did my studying, I would sit her down with a workbook that has everything from math to english to science stuff, in it. So she was content on knowing that she was learning as I was learning! Make no mistake, you will laugh and you will cry....but it is all well worth it in the end. Good luck and if I can assist you with anything, let me know. Sincerely, Jeanine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Nurses Week to all
RobinNJ · 0 replies · 305 views
Bad side of nursing....
kathy B. · 1 replies · 1103 views
Healthcare for nurses
~Beautiful One~ · 4 replies · 366 views
Orlando Support Group Meetings
slimderella · 2 replies · 817 views