Dollar General's Hair, Skin & Nails Vitamins??

lea2be
on 7/29/06 2:29 pm - LaBelle, FL
Hi all! As I approach my RNY surgery, I am reading up on the vitamins and supplements that you folks are already using successfully. I was in Dollar General today picking up a few odds and ends and noticed that they have a store brand vitamin called Complete Hair, Skin & Nails. It says it is comparable to the GNC vitamin of a similar name. I'm just curious if anyone out there has used this version before (the Dollar General one) and, if so, how they liked it?? Do you feel it helped prevent or slow any hair loss you may have experienced? Thanks!
LEAH W.
on 8/17/06 6:11 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
Hi! I've never used it but I'm wondering if we could find it on the web to see if the ingredients and the mg's are close to the GNC product. I'm sure Dollar Generals Brand is waaay less expensive and if it's the same or even close to the GNC product I'd certainly buy it. I know I wasn't much help, lol Sorry!
lea2be
on 8/17/06 10:07 am - LaBelle, FL
I actually bought a box of them... And I looked them up on GNC's site too. The vitamins/minerals the DG brand provides is identical. The cost was like $5 for 60 (think it was 60). The DG brand has some soy in it though where the GNC one doesn't. To me, they tasted funky. I didn't chew them up. But, on the days that I took them, I could taste the smell all day long.... It bothered me most when I opened the pickle jar and took a whiff of the juice which STUNK while I had those pills in me!
Most Active