Oatmeal & Satiety

NicoleLynn2
on 3/7/14 5:50 am - Orange Park, FL

I had RNY gastric bypass and find that contrary to all the information out there about how good oatmeal is supposed to be for you because it keeps you full longer than other foods I have never had that experience.  Does anyone know if  the alterations to our stomach and small intestines from surgery could cause the oatmeal to not stay in our system like people with normal stomachs.  For right now my typical breakfast is my breakfast scramble (1 egg, 1 egg white, turkey sausage crumbles, diced onion and diced pepper), 1/2 piece of 12 grain toast with a very small amount of blackberry preserves and 1/2 a small apple.  I usually workout in the mornings about an hour or so after I eat so I need enough to get me through as my workouts are 3 1/2 hours long.

Highest weight: 289

Lowest weight: 131

Current weight: 131!!!!!!!

Just looking for a way to have plastic surgery now.

When the world says, "Give up,"Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

SRBELLOBUON
on 4/3/14 1:37 am - CA

Hi there!  I had RNY in April of 2012...my surgeon/nutritionist said oatmeal's a BIG no no because the smallest amount expands in your "new tummy" and could cause it to stretch :(   (I havent had it in 2 yrs, ohhh how I miss it!)  Have you ever tried the Smuckers sugar free jams? They are very good!

Most Active