Keep the Weight Off for Life!

MyBariatricLife
on 6/16/14 12:25 am

Hi everyone - I have been a member of this site since around the time of my gastric bypass surgery in 2003. I was under a different avatar at the time. But in all of those years I don't think I ever posted to this forum. Back then when I had my surgery, the approach to WLS was a lot different. The surgery was looked at as a magic bullet for weight loss and not much education was given on how to Keep the Weight Off for Life

My bariatric surgeon told me "I do the surgery. The rest is up to you." I was on my own, with no training on what it meant to eat healthy. Everything thing I know today has been self taught. Fortunately, unlike when I had my weight loss surgery in 2003, we now have bariatric dieticians to help us transform our eating habits from unhealthy to healthy.

I recently did a series of interviews with Lori Rosenthal, a registered bariatric dietician at Montefiore. We examine the healthy behaviors post bariatric patients need to develop in order to be successful with long term weight loss. - See more at: http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/169003/weight-life?ap=831#sthash.O5EleGP4.dpuf

I hope the information is useful to you. Good luck to all of you to Keep the Weight Off for Life!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/14 7:35 pm

Oh! you have undergone a bad time but these tips are useful enough.

MyBariatricLife
on 7/9/14 9:21 pm

I am glad they were helpful to you!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active