One Year RNY Post Op and think I am doing it wrong!

aliciakes
on 7/10/14 4:10 am - NC
RNY on 06/10/13

I am 13 months Post-op and the hunger has returned! I have no real limitations other than pork is its too dry I tend to end up having to purge it back out. I fear I am either not eating enough, or eating too much.

A snap shot of my usual day is

*Protein Shake in the morning. (Premier Snack shake - 100cal, 1 carb), if I forgot my shake or its not cold I keep Power Crunch protein bars in my desk (200 cal, 9net carbs)

*Lunch on a work day is generally 4 halves of Deviled Eggs with chicken breast added to the mix. (241cal, 4carbs)

*Usual snack 2oz Buddin Deli lunch meat pack (90cal, 2 carbs) and 2oz cheese (120cal, 1 carb)

*Common dinner Cauliflower Rice (38cals, 6 carbs), Gravy (31cal, 3carbs), 2 sausage patties (290cal, 0 carbs)

I drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day with splenda and sugar free creamer. I do need to up my water intake.

If I ate only the above I would be around 910 calories and under 20 carbs for the day,

*optional evening snack if hungry cottage cheese with fruit cup mixed in. (130cal, 15 carbs)

I have not been losing weight in quite some time, I have stayed around 190 for 3 months now. I have increased my exercise as I have decided to train for a 5k (Hope to eventually work up to marathons!).

If anyone has some guidelines or suggestions I am all ears!

saralm
on 7/14/14 7:55 am - Omaha, NE

Sounds like you are eating right maybe try to shake it up and try to "shock" your body back into loosing weight? Sorry I am not much help :(

Doing this top weight 310 current 286 waiting for surgery 3 months left of supervised weight loss :)

ria91351
on 7/15/14 2:56 am

I'm not sure what your protein count is... I'm guessing around 85-90.  You might try upping your protein count by adding another protein drink as a snack to bring it closer to 100/just over

on 10/30/14 11:35 am - MUSKEGON, MI

Are you following the water plan, no liquids with meals or half hour before and after?  Try decaf coffee?

Most Active