food addict

rocslaton
on 7/24/14 9:04 am

Well its been abt 14 years since my surgery I have gained 75 percent of my weight back after having the rny and losing 200lbs I would like to get this weight off but i believe myself to be a food addict my whole life revolves around food and what the next meal will be I was not ready for surgery at age 21 I really need some advice and support abt where to start again or what to do from here on out. I have a lot of health issues and am facing neurosurgery for chiari malformation after my surgery I want to get fit again and get back in shape any advice will be appreciated

g

SCIROCCO SLATON

Gwen M.
on 7/25/14 10:43 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Addiction is a serious thing.  Are you seeing a therapist?  That would be my first step.  I'd also look for an Overeater's Anonymous meeting close by.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

shiftling
on 8/1/14 4:14 am - Kelowna BC, Canada

I'm in the same boat. WHenever i turn to food for comfort from my pain and such I grew the habit to ask myself am i hungry or is this the addiction? if i'm not really hungry, like my gut isnt saying anything, i get a drink instead and then the cycle starts over.

I have also tried tapping and using an elastic band on my wrist to keep myself aware of cravings and fight them back. it's worked so far. i'm losing again

Anne-Marie (Amry)
  Tangental pixie of chiming in and support through the usage of cuteness overload.

S L E E V E D!  

Stacy H.
on 9/16/14 12:14 am, edited 9/16/14 12:15 am - Cumberland, IN

I'm a double winner and became cross addicted. I had my RNY 9yrs at age 28 and prior to that never drank alcohol. By the time I was 2yrs post op I was full blown alcoholic and have struggled to stay sober ever since. I went from 270lbs at surgery to 125lbs at 18 months post op. Over time I gradually gained weight back and got up to 203lbs in July of this year when I decided I had to do something about my weight. I've lost 14lbs so far since July 1 but it has been very difficult. I find that I am able to use a lot of the principles I've learned in AA to help me with weight loss as well. You truly have to take it one day at a time and do the best you can just for today. We can't live our life in the past or the future, do what is in front of you at the moment and ask God and others for help when you need it. I'd be happy to be a friend if you'd like to add me. Best wishes!

ETA: I have recently joined My Fitness Pal and have found it to be a great encouragement as well as much need accountability. My username is stacyjh1979 if you want to add me there. I find tracking my food there really helps me be more aware of what I'm eating and gives me goals to strive for a day at a time.

Stacy :) RNY 9/7/2005

HW-270  LW-125  GW-150

Most Active