Is pureed and Liquid the same?

JenniD
on 9/22/14 6:35 am

Today I am 1 week out from surgery, so this mark the 4th week I have been on a "liquid" diet. My Surgeon is pretty strict and gave me a list of items I can have that include Cream Based soups and tomato soup made with milk, protein shakes, non fat yogurt, SF Pudding and Jello, things like that. But I am seeing lots of posts about pureed foods, like soup with chunks that are just put in a blender. Is this the same? I am getting so sick of the same thing and having a hard time getting in my protein now that I don't eat as much, the two weeks before surgery were easy! Thanks in advance! :) 

dustin807
on 9/23/14 3:30 am

This is a question that is best answered by your doctor/Surgeon, regardless of what anyone here could tell you. Maybe call your surgeon's office and tell them your situation and see what advice they give. I have one of those ninja blenders that I use to liquify just about everything in but I'm not on any kind of liquid diet, I just don't feel like chewing sometimes.

lexibelle
on 10/5/14 2:23 am - Federal Way, WA
DS on 09/19/14

I'm kind of jealous of your 'liquid diet' stage. I think it depends on what your doc is considering 'liquid'. Mine is strict clear liquids for 4 weeks post-op (no cream soups, pudding, anything), but I can have any broth-based soup. I just have to strain out all the chunky bits. It sounds like yours may be more of a 'full liquid' and you might be able to do the blended soups (don't see it as much different than a cream soup, honestly). Like someone else said - definitely worth a call or email to their office to get clarification.

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/14 1:40 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

good question seems like everyone will refer you back to your surgeon!

Most Active