how much should i be able to eat?

afmedic4life
on 12/11/14 5:54 am

I am 2 years post op and just had a baby. I'm afraid that I am eating more than I should because I almost had to constantly eat while pregnant for my baby to grow and I was also on bedrest for the majority of my pregnancy and couldnt exercise.  

Any advice? 

Waterme27
on 12/20/14 6:58 am

I am so happy you posted 😌I am in the same situation - my two year anniversary will be in March, and I had my son in November. I felt too that I was constantly eating - my dietitian said to aim for 1600-1800 caps a day with 80 grams protein. That was double what I was use to eating.

i ate constantly throughout the day but to reach this amount, and I too thought this is waaaaay to much food.

I gained 20 kg and lost half of that upon his birth. I was quite surprised that I gained actual "weight". I didn't look pregnant until the eighth month so I assumed what I was gaining was just "baby".

i am very very happy that I have my little one, but feel horrible with myself and feel like a failure for the gain.

to get back on track I sm just going to do what I did before. I am able to start exercising in 2 weeks and will work up to my 69 mins of high intensity cardio. I will aim to ear 800-1000 calories a day and will measure my portions and track with my fitness pal. I will cut out carbs and go high protein.

if you done it before you will be able to do it again. Once you develop a plan and s goal you will feel better about the situation.

please keep in touch, we could be great support to each other during this journey. 

Most Active