Got my a** handed to me by nutritionist

Carolella6
on 1/13/15 11:16 pm

In a good way tho. I'm pre surgery. I have been on diets all my life. All the big ones you are thinking of I have done. The most recent being a very high protein low carb. Like my goat was 243 grams of protein... A DAY!!!! I felt like my job was to eat. In 12 weeks I lost 20 lbs.... But it was NOT SUSTAINABLE at all! And wasn't teaching portions. So when I stopped I gained it back and then some (I'm really good at the roller coaster of weight). Over the holidays I fell off the wagon and knowing I was going to nutritionist/weighing in I went to what I knew.... High protein low carb. She very nicely took a red pen to my food journal (like when in school) and said she never wants to see this again. She did some more education with me. I asked if she had meal plans she could share with me. "Absolutely not, it doesn't teach you anything we got rid of them a few yrs ago." "You need to sit down on a good day read labels and make out a food plan. Put them on note cards so when you do have a bad day or week all you have to do is pick a card." So hear I sit starting over again..... But after my behavioral med and nutrition I feel motivated and positive. That's what I have to do keep staying positive and motivated. Thanks for listening. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/15 6:24 pm

Hey. I read your story. Sounds to me like you can use more support and guidance outside your meetings with your nutritionist. I'm not a nutritionist. However, I do like to help people on diet. I can offer you more constant and day to day support and encouragement. I'm helping several people using designated app called Crowdit. People share their food log with me and I comment them daily and some times several times during the day if needed, and it helps them stay on track very motivated (they just take pictures of their meals and send it to me via this app, I am notified and immediately (most of the times) are there to comment and support). I don't charge anything! I just want to help people. If you'll like contact me to [email protected] I'll be glad to help you. Assaf. 

Most Active