Breakfast Ideas needed (with amounts)

brenlee1965
on 2/15/15 11:16 pm - New Berlin, NY
I was reading my paperwork stating that over 11 months out I am supposed to be eating 2 oz protein, 1/2 c starch, and 1/4 c fruit. So what exactly are some things to meet these? Oatmeal is a starch. But what kind of protein can I eat to go with Oatmeal. Fruit I can figure out. If I decide to eat a Greek Yogurt (do I get one with the fruit included?) Or should I be getting Plain Greek Yogurt and doctoring it up (so less sugar and cals)....HELP needed. What kinds of things do you eat.....need some different ideas. I get sick of the same things day after day after day. I also want to lose weight (since I have regained). I thank you ahead of time for your ideas.
 Bren                
Gwen M.
on 2/16/15 12:54 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm 11 months out now and I can't imagine eating oatmeal since it's very carb heavy.  In fact, I can't imagine eating 2 ounces of protein, 1/2 cup of starch, and 1/4 cup of fruit period!  I keep my meals to about 4 ounces total and at least 3 of those ounces are protein.  

It is worth noting that you don't need to eat breakfast food at breakfast.  So maybe leftovers from dinners would be a better option for you to get the amount/variety your plan wants?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

tammywoods
on 2/18/15 6:27 pm

Greek Yogurt along with a fruit is a great way to start your breakfast. Also you can replace the fruit with any vegetable or fruit juice for the next day or you can just dip your fruits in yogurt and enjoy a fruit salad without adding sugar to it.

singdoremi
on 2/22/15 1:26 am - NJ

I don't eat the Greek yogurt with fruit added. My pick is the plain fat free Greek yogurt to which I add a sweet n low and a TBL of SF syrup.

My breakfasts are either a chocolate/coffee protein shake and a hard boiled egg, OR a crust less quiche that I make with turkey sausage, egg beaters, .5 ounce of cheddar cheese, and a tiny bit of a veggie added in.

I can't eat oatmeal. There are too many carbs and it is a trigger food for me! Good luck!

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

David147
on 4/22/15 3:11 pm

You'll just get a sugar crash later in the morning. Cut way back on the honey or eliminate it entirely. 

If you have any blood sugar problems, you need to add more protein to your breakfast. It slows the absorption of the carbs into your blood stream.

Most Active