st. patrick day...

spuddzy
on 3/13/15 3:48 am - NY

I love corn beef and cabbage..is this okay to eat and if so how much is good...also one slice of pizza on occasions...Im 3 mos out. lost 40 lbs

spuddzy

Eggface
on 3/14/15 12:07 am - Sunny Southern, CA

It's often fattier as meat cuts go but... 15 g of protein in a 3 oz serving. The brining solution is full of salt so if sodium/bp is an issue I'd probably avoid eating it often. I eat it around St. Patty's Day get my fix and rarely if ever eat during the year. The cabbage is fine well... LOL some people get gassy from it and I cook it a bit more than restaurants that tend to undercook (tougher to eat post-wls, sticks) 

I don't do traditional pizza (I eliminated white flour) post WLS but many do. Here's what I do when I want that pizza flavor: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/12/healt hy-protein-packed-snacks-pizza.html

Ask your Dr. or dietitian for more suggestions and a thumbs up on corned beef :)

Best,

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/15 5:14 pm - Pompano Beach, FL

I hope you have a happy St. Patrick’s Day planned and are touched with a little bit of Irish luck today. And if you plan on celebrating with some Irish stew, a Guinness, or a whiskey, I’m sure you’ll be in high spirits! But while the Irish sure know how to celebrate and eat well, they’re also pretty skilled in traditional medicine.

Most Active