Been a while and now I need answers!

Linda Y.
on 3/15/15 8:17 am - Portsmouth, VA

I know we cannot take calcium with vitamins but can we take them with anything else?

I take Fiber Choice (you know...so things can move along) but when I remember to take them, it's time to take the calcium!   

Also, I was getting a lot of my iron from beans but now I can't eat them.                                                                                             Does this mean I need to take a multivitamin with iron?

Linda Y

"IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO START...IT'S ALWAYS TOO LATE TO WAIT."        

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/16/15 11:46 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Have you had a blood test to see where your levels are right now? I never heard of not taking calcium with a multi vitamin, only to not take it at the same time as iron. I take a multivitamin, but I take an iron chewable too cuz my iron levels were a little low at my last check up. I usually take the calcium with the multi at the beginning of the day, B12 (sometimes)& vit D in the afternoon & the iron at night. Check your levels & go over them with the dr & nutritionist to be at optimum health.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Gwen M.
on 3/17/15 1:29 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Calcium cannot be taken with iron, and you shouldn't take more than 500-600mg at a single time.  

So I take calcium 3 times a day, separated by 2 hours, and then iron before I go to bed and at least 2 hours after my last calcium dose.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active