feeling like a failure

Nessrinl
on 3/17/15 1:25 am
with

Hello, 

I have been two weeks post-op and now going into a pureed diet phase. I haven't lost any additional weight for 4 days now. I am also constipated. And yesterday:( I was trying to emotionally eat. I had fresh mozzarella and liverwurst. I felt full and discomfort ( no nausea). I just feel like I failed. Any advice or tips to help me with the above. I would greatly appreciate it

Gwen M.
on 3/17/15 11:30 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

For the constipation, I recommend adding something like Miralax to a shake or drink once a day.  It helps me a lot. 

Not losing weight for 4 days is totally normal.  Don't stress about it!  You might consider using something like TrendWeight to help focus on your trending weight instead of on day to day fluctuations.  

For the emotional eating - find a therapist and start working on that!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

catalina07
on 3/20/15 12:19 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

You are NOT A FAILURE!!!  You are WAY WAY WAY too early to have that thought in your head. I'm so sorry you feel like that. Honestly, there are times I have felt the same way. But I am 4 months post op now, and even looking back over the past 5 months, I can see that it is not going to be a 100% successful day EVERY DAY...but rather being successful at following the rules and making good choices MOST OF THE TIME. I too beat myself up sometimes with every little mistake. But overall, It is the overall that really matters. I can have a bad day, then promise to be on point the next day. 4 days is so little if you think that you are meant to lose weight over the course of months and months and months of hard work. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move on. Promise to do better the next day. You can do it!

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Most Active