Spinach Quinoa Patties

cmspang
on 3/24/15 2:18 pm

Love this recipe. Quinoa packs a protein punch. Add a poached egg, yum!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/06/quinoa-and-spinach-patties.html?m=1

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/25/15 2:57 am

I checked the nutritional infor and the amount of carbs -per pattie - is really high.. 

even with an added egg... that doe snot look like a great choice post op WLS..

Quinoa and Spinach Patties
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 7 • Serving Size: 2 patties • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 236.2 • Fat: 7.4 g • Protein: 11.4 g • Carb: 30.5 g • Fiber: 3.2 g • Sugar: 1.9 g
Sodium: 429.5 • Cholesterol: 110.0 mg

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cmspang
on 3/25/15 3:56 am

I focus on protein, portion size and wholesome ingredients. I do not carb count. I know which refined sugars and wheat to stay away from. My first 10 years post op were a success until a fistula was found. And I have a much healthier relationship with food for it. So if someone wants to try it, enjoy. If not, no need to correct me.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/25/15 3:58 am
On March 25, 2015 at 10:56 AM Pacific Time, cmspang wrote:

I focus on protein, portion size and wholesome ingredients. I do not carb count. I know which refined sugars and wheat to stay away from. My first 10 years post op were a success until a fistula was found. And I have a much healthier relationship with food for it. So if someone wants to try it, enjoy. If not, no need to correct me.

wow.. someone stepped on your toe this morning? 

I was not correcting you ..just stating the fact... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/25/15 11:18 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'm glad the nutritional information was posted. This has some protein but too many carbs & salt., at least for me at this stage of weight loss. Might be ok for someone who is well into maintenance & at goal. Good Luck on your weight loss journey.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

cmspang
on 3/25/15 9:30 pm, edited 3/25/15 9:32 pm

I eat one patty per meal and do not use salt. I use Morton's light salt when I do use salt btw. So the nutrients are not accurate as posted above and are a better substitute than a regular starch such as rice, pasta, bread for those looking. Substitution and alteration make a recipe what you want. Cut down the bread crumbs and carbs decrease even more. Rice/pasta are 18-22g carbs and 2g protein per half cup. And no, this is not for newbie's. I'm still on soft diet myself. It's for later, so I posted it under nutrition and not lightweights.

1 patty Cal 118  • Fat: 3.7 g • Protein: 5.7 g • Carb: 15 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Sugar: 0.85g Sodium: 45mg • Cholesterol: 55

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/25/15 10:06 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

These numbers look much better! Cuz that salt, whoa, carbs, whoa, whoa! These numbers are much more in line with what I can have. Thanks!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

bubbles23223
on 3/27/15 9:54 am, edited 3/27/15 10:02 am - Canada

I have some quinoa, I think!  This sounds like a really good recipe.  Im also on green veg as much as possible gradually making a better step toward healthier carb choices, keeping it simple.  Nothing complicated.

Work for a cause, not for applause.  Live life to express, not too impress.Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.-Unknown

Most Active