Crystal light etc

cherg24
on 4/1/15 1:44 am - Ontario, Canada

Ok maybe this a dumb question but I've tried and can't figure it out.  Crystal light is fine as per dr and includes Splenda.  However on the ingredients it says sucralose.   Sucralose is sugar.  All the other bottled flavours like mio and such don't say they have a sweetener but list sucralose and still say zero calories.  Does that mean they are or are not ok to use?? Am I overthinking this lol?

Racewalker48
on 4/1/15 4:31 am
RNY on 02/17/14

Splenda is the brand name for sucralose.  Sugar is sucrose.  Sucralose is a chemically modified form of sugar that is sweet, but calorie free. 

cherg24
on 4/1/15 6:06 am - Ontario, Canada

Omg thank you! I keep reading that as one word. 

MyLastDitchEffort
on 4/13/15 11:16 am

fake sugar is scary stuff. Ive been reading all sorts of stuff about how it causes cancer and makes us sick. Personally I try to avoid it, I used to love diet coke and crystal light and mio, they were my go to diet choices but its pretty scary the evidence stacking up against them I encourage you to do a bit of your own Google searching don't just take my word for it.

I even refuse to take the opti9000 shakes because they use splenda, and I make my own shakes using a banana and peanutbutter for sweetness.

murphyjo
on 5/5/15 5:45 am

I am just starting my journey here, and while researching, have noticed many people eating low calorie, but high processed foods.  I have begun to eat clean(er) and try to stay away from things I find on the shelf.   Are the Drs really recommending artificial sweetners and unclean foods?

Most Active