Cheese

Pattijo1
on 4/21/15 7:04 am - Woodbridge , Canada

Hi all - week since my surgery and must say it isn't as hard as I thought it would be !

I am down 31 lbs with pre op 2 week prep and 1 week after surgery.

my question is if we can have milk and cottage cheese or ricotta (which I don't like) - why can't we eat regular cheese or cheese slices ?

I am very lucky my daughter in law and son are making me fruit smoothie drinks with their purée machine and I love them - apple and pear or just strawberry! They also have made me lots of broths - they freeze them in the freezer in an ice tray - then I   Take out three or four cubes and make my broth very helpful !

any tips for phase number two of the diet after surgery?

thanks 

chulbert
on 4/22/15 1:05 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

More specifically, you should be eating low fat ricotta and cottage cheese which are high on protein and low on fat and calories.  Regular cheese is not and it's not an ideal texture at this stage of your recovery.

Scarlette B.
on 4/23/15 3:20 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

I had the RNY and I couldn't have fruit smoothies either :(.  I had lots of milk and protein shakes!  I did have some skim cottege cheese and it was pretty easy on the tummy but the harder cheese would have been tough.  Good luck 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

Jamie L.
on 4/24/15 4:05 am - Grover Beach, CA
VSG on 06/02/14

Try warming some pasta sauce (smooth no meat or chunks, something like Prego sauce) and putting over your low fat ricotta cheese then warm it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Reminded me of lasagna (ricotta is the filling in most lasagna's).

VSG with Dr. David Thoman on 6/02/2014, Age 54, Height 5'7",  Highest Weight 280,  Pre-Surgery Weight 240, Current Weight 152.8 (4/20/2015)  Next Goal 140 | Total Weight Lost 87 lbs.

Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels!!!

Most Active