Having a hard time with pre bariatric diet. what's best protein shake?

rudysmom27
on 5/31/15 9:56 pm - new iberia , LA

I have just started the pre bariatric diet for 6 months....and I am already tired of the repetitive food choices...The thought of eating supper at night makes me gag....so I was thinking about replaces.. lunch and supper with a protein shake...but my question for you is...what is the best one for pre surgery weightloss?

chulbert
on 6/1/15 7:29 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

If you're tired of repetition I think switching to protein shakes is the wrong move.  What is your diet?  I'm doubtful its choices are as limited as you suggest.

AmyDee123
on 6/1/15 7:52 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

What is the diet the doctor put you on for your pre-op for 6 months?  

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/15 9:57 pm - Pompano Beach, FL
You want to loose before surgery so its always better to take expert's opinion
Kellyrob
on 6/2/15 9:09 am
VSG on 04/20/15

I like premier protein shakes, but I wouldn't start then so soon. You have to drink them 2 weeks before and  have 1 a day for 7 weeks at least for my plan. I did do 1 a day during the 6 months till a month before to take a break. I work nights and a shake helped get me through the night without eating junk food. 

lbmoore0
on 7/28/15 1:31 pm

Premier is my favorite and it's the least expensive here as well!

Amberlynn220
on 6/5/15 10:48 am

I am on day 5 of my pre op liquid diet I get gastric bypass on June 15th I DO NOT recommend bariatric advantage i have to hold my nose just to get it down when i first started i was so hungry but by day 3 i didn't feel like eating anything i first started off with 5 shakes but then i cut myself down to 3 shakes a day im not going to say its an easy journey but in the end its going to be well worth it (9 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!!!) 

ashleyyy
on 6/6/15 5:42 pm

I LOVE the gnc 100% whey isolate in chocolate supreme. I think it tastes best added to water NOT milk!

tatirod
on 6/12/15 5:47 pm - Toronto, Canada

Someone on another forum shared this link, http://www.mybariatricpantry.com/Bariatric_Protein_Powders_s/6.htm

you can apparently get samples of different brands before committing to a large quantity. So far, all whey based shakes make me nauseous. So, I can't recommend a brand. Hopefully this site will be helpful.

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

elma
on 6/19/15 1:28 pm - Tremonton, UT

I tried about every brand out there and gagged them down, the best one I found and I swear by is Syntrax Nectar Whey protein Isolate. zero sugars, zero carbs, zero fat, lactose and gluten free. the Fuzzy Navel tastes a lot like a Orange Julius. which I lived on for my surgery 6 years ago. I just ordered some for my husband a few months ago because he is getting ready for his surgery and they have a lot more flavors to choose from now and we have not been disappointed with any of them. and now they have to go packs which work great for him on his job.

Most Active