Looking for a good diet

Kpowers1128
on 6/18/15 12:11 am

Hello everyone I'm new on here. I really need help on losing weight. I'm at least 150 lbs over weight and I am soooo scared I'm gonna end up a diabetic. I have struggled with my weight since I was a child. Can anyone please recommended a good and fast diet. Where I can loss 150 lbs.? Please I am getting desperate.

SkinnyBonz38
on 6/21/15 1:49 pm

Hi Kpowers, I also need to lose about 100 - 150 poundies myself. Dkor01 told me to do this: "Step 1 is find out what your Resting Metabolism burns, step 2 is decide on a healthy calorie deficit for you is.  Step 3, don't eat sugars, or starches unless they are complex(Whole Fruit, Green Vegetables)  try Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce to replace Noodles. 

the key is to know how many calories you can eat, live and die by your protein shakes, because you will need them, no coffee, or tea other then crystal light, and drink your 64 oz of water daily, pre, and post surgery.  it will be a little tough."

Also I'm trying:

a protein drink

a protein bar

a sensible meal

greek yogurt

a pear and tea

nuts and seeds

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/22/15 12:22 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Hi SkinnyBonz38,

Not to put down anything DKor01 told you, but you should follow whatever plan your Dr set up for you. I don't have a coffee or tea restriction, I didn't drink coffee while I was on a ppi, but once that was done, coffee nirvana!

The whole resting metabolism might be nice information for you to have, but I'm guessing that a series of tests done by a Dr is the only way you're going to get any accurate results, plus those numbers will probably change when you start losing weight or exercising, so it'll probably be for informational purposes that will only be for the moment, not something to base your weight loss plan on.

I'd nix the nuts & seeds, they're slider foods & you'll likely eat too many & have too many calories on top of it, fruits should also be eaten sparingly while in weight loss mode. Protein bars are usually overblown candy bars & also tend to have a lot of calories. Best to get protein from dense protein rather than bars & shakes. You'll feel fuller longer & be more satiated. Mind you I'm only a little more than a year out. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/22/15 12:06 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Are you looking to get weight loss surgery? Most people on here are either pre op or post op. There is a non surgical weight loss forum, but I'm not sure how active it is. 

There is no such thing as a good & fast diet. Did you gain the weight fast?, so losing it fast probably won't happen, at least not healthfully. There are however plenty of fad diets where you might lose weight fast, then gain it back even faster. This isn't the place for that.

Start with learning if wls is for you, do your research. Know that it isn't fast or easy. It's a lot of hard work & dedication, but for me it was totally worth it. 

Most on here are on a protein forward lifestyle, not a diet. Diets end, lifestyles is a change for life. You have to decide what you want for yourself, a diet or a lifestyle change.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/15 12:04 am - nyork, AK

I didn't follow any particular kind of diet to lose weight but tried to eat healthy foods and avoid all kinds of unhealthy, junk and processed foods. 

If you're a beginner , there are few things you should know:

Losing weight is a simple equation: if you burn more calories than you eat, the weight will come off. Start off by estimating how many calories you burn each day using the daily calorie needs calculator online. This will give you an idea of how many calories to eat. Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week. To lose 1 pound per week you need to create a calorie deficit (burn more than you eat) of 500 calories per day. To lose 2 pounds a week, you have to double the deficit to 1000 calories per day. You can achieve this by eating less, exercising more or a combination of both. So If you're wondering how to lose belly fat in a week or two, I would suggest you to be consistent and regular. Eat healthy foods, avoid junk foods, exercise regularly. Both cardio and weight training is necessary in this matter. Hope it will help.

M_reeds
on 11/28/15 7:39 pm, edited 11/28/15 11:41 am

Green tea has been proven to be weight loss helper. easy and fast!!  according to one article: "Losing weight can be a difficult task. Most weight lose products focus only on decreasing the appetite, which is only a part of a good diet.  Yet, unwanted fats should also be eliminated. Matcha Delight, Sugar Fight works wonders in doing both the task of lessening appetite and burning fats. It impressively combines 3 ingredients: Premium Matcha Green Tea Powder, Natural dark chocolate flavor and Gymnema Sylvestre herb."

source: http://starbucksgreentea.com/2015/11/28/matcha-delight-sugar -fight-lose-weight-fast-and-safely/

Most Active