Vitimans @ 13 years out

Sonya F.
on 7/9/15 5:59 am - McDonough, GA

My surgery was September 30, 2002. I had a RNY and lost 165 lbs. I have been able to keep over 100 lbs. off (haven't weighed in a while) but have started to gain due a candy addiction...I know, stupid. So, recently I have decided it is time to look at this again and do something about it. This far out, you kinda put it to the back in  your head. It is now front & center. I need the info on the required vitamins and supplements we need to take. I have been terrible, in fact, non-existent, with vitamins for several years. I did have the B-vitamin nasal spray and I liked it but I don't have a way to get a RX for it now. I do know with vitamins that there is a big difference in quality. Which are better? Which do you prefer? 

God's*Chosen* 23
on 7/12/15 2:28 am - Pittsburgh, PA

Hi Sonya, I was hoping to learn something in this thread, I'm in the same boat as you. I know I need to start taking everything. B12 I think would do a world of difference in how I feel health wise. Not taking vitamins can bring on all sorts puff issues. I currently have sciatic nerve issues. I feel that not taking my combined may be causing these issues.

"I thank the Lord everyday for the new me"

Jeana

Sonya F.
on 7/13/15 4:40 am - McDonough, GA

I have not been taking ANY vitamin's in a long time. For a while I used the nasal spray (once a week) Nascabol and it was great...like a B-12 shot weekly, however, I do not have a way to get an RX for it now. I did buy some sublingual B vitamins and could tell an almost instant response. My biggest issue (and what sent me looking for a list of vitamins) is night time leg cramps. One night last week I was up 10 times! I have started several things besides the sublingual B12; One A Day Gummies for Women, Potassium Gluconate,  Citralcal w/D. I tried Iron alone last week but got stomach upset. I am waiting on Magnesium Chelate to come in the mail.

I have a cousin who also has a gastric bypass and we just kind of put this together after some research since no one responded. I think I may be on the right track because I slept all night last night with not one leg cramp! So something is working.  I know that not taking vitamins can cause many, many issues. I have been reading about it a lot and refreshing my memory.  Hope you find relief for your nerve issues soon.

Sonya

Snuggles1909
on 8/31/15 8:18 am - Lima, OH

Just read your post...haven't been on here for awhile. It was probably the potassium you needed for your leg cramps. Ru also drinking or eating your protein?

Nancy
on 7/27/15 2:34 pm - Kasson, MN

If you have not been taking vitamins it may be a good idea to get a full set of labs done.  If you crave chocolate, eat dark chocolate more satisfying, so u eat less of it.  When I get munchies I grab a hunk of lettuce, celery, carrot.......  I have stayed on the diet and have not gained any back..... But come to find out a lot of my labs were low.  Vit d is a big one, along with iron, calcium, low vit D can affect your thyroid function.

The further out you get you deprive your body of vitamins it needs cause you don't absorb them anymore!  When you first do all the post op visits, u don't realize all these values go down u til u are further out!

Most Active