Feedback on Protein Shake?

Felicity Q.
on 7/20/15 8:04 am
DS on 09/28/15

Hello!

I only lost about 40-50 lb after having my Lap-Band surgery 4 years ago, and I attribute a lot of that to never getting into the protein shake habit.  Now that I am in the approval process for a RNY revision, I am trying my best to set myself up for success by changing a lot of my unhealthy habits and getting into the right habits BEFORE the surgery so it isn't such a shock after surgery.  I thought I was committed to having my Lap-Band, but that pales in comparison to how motivated I am for this RNY revision to be a success.

Anyway- one of my pitfalls in the prior surgery was the protein shakes. I couldn't stand them, and considered them a form of torture. Now, getting ready for my RNY, I found a protein powder I like (Gold Standard Whey) and have branched out to 4 flavors now, 3 of which I like (I can't stand their Cookies & Cream). They are OK just put in a shaker bottle with 8oz of water... I can stomach them... however, I discovered that I actually ENJOY them when mixed with milk! I'm mixing them with ice (and sometimes other ingredients) to make it milkshake consistency and have more flavor.

Here is today's breakfast:

Is this a good/sustainable ratio of calories to protein to sugars? I know something this thick (due to the oatmeal) will have to wait for the pureed foods stage, but if I can safely have this every morning for breakfast, this is totally within my reach!

Also, here are some of the other protein shakes I made so far-

1 Scoop Rocky Road Whey Protein Powder

1 tbsp Peanut Butter

3/4 c. Unsweetened Organic Soymilk

270 Calories | 9g Carbs | 12g Fat | 33g Protein | 3g Fiber | 4g Sugar

1 Scoop Extreme Milk Chocolate Whey Protein

1/2 c. Unsweetened Organic Soymilk

1/2 Large Banana

1/4 c. Light Vanilla Yougurt

268 Calories | 28g Carbs | 4g Fat | 30g Protein | 3g Fiber | 16g Sugar

Thanks all in advance for any help/advice!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

KittysarusRex
on 10/30/15 9:05 am, edited 10/30/15 2:05 am

I love Optimum Nutrition! I don't know if it's recommended for RNY though. I'm struggling with them on their own though because I find they are too sweet for me.

Most Active