Protien

Dlreib
on 7/29/15 9:24 am

I'm on stage 2 of post surgery...having difficulty with getting in protien shakes ...I have tried many brands and flavors and can't seem to tolerate them for more than a a sip or two...I find them to be gross ..any suggestions?  Eggs are not an option yet. Thanks. 

auntmimi
on 7/30/15 8:53 am

I found after surgery I couldnt tolerate my protein shakes. The only way I was able to tolerate them was by diluting them down or mixing them with plain greek yogurt and making a disgusting looking "slurry". A lot of the protein shakes were just "too sweet" for me at the time and I found the greek yogurt cut the sweetness. Good Luck to you

Lisa09
on 8/1/15 3:36 pm - NH

Have you tried the Nectar fruit flavored ones that you mix with water?  They're pretty tasty and thin like watery juice.  Good luck!

akanikkie
on 8/1/15 3:48 pm
VSG on 04/27/15

I hated the fruity drinks.  The only ones I could stomach were vanilla, coffee and chocolate flavored from Nectar.  Thank goodness this phase didnt last long!  I found drinking broth to be my best option, plus water of course.

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

murphyjo
on 8/11/15 10:30 am

I have found that Jay Robb protein shakes are really good.  they are thinner and mix completely...no residue.  A sample package of flavors are available also.  they are all lightly flavored, not intense like some.  good luck!

buggy
on 8/17/15 5:31 pm

I use unjury Strawberry in my lemonade. It helps cut the sweetness with the tart of the lemons. I also would put the chocolate in coffee (decaf or not:-) which helps it go down. 

Most Active