Any sleevers that went Vegan to get back on track?

Brandi D
on 8/12/15 7:19 pm

Looking for some support... tips... and how the transition happened..

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
Gwen M.
on 8/16/15 6:50 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Not me.  My bff is vegan and there's no way I'd be able to get the right amount of protein and carbs in my diet if I was maintaining her diet.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/17/15 11:15 am

way before my RNy I went vegan... for 6 months I ate vegan - all natural (minimally processed ) foods... in 6 months I gained 50 lbs.. even my naturopathic doc told me to start eating meat and fish, eggs.. she said  "some people are not meant to be vegan.. you are one of them.."

we hold on to 6 months because she wanted to make sure... and she was convinced that one day my body will let go ..

Yea - later on I discovered that I had insulin resistance...  and allergy to soy, can't digest corn... gluten intolerance... etc etc... 

make sure you doing that for right reasons... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Brandi_L_Moran
on 2/17/22 12:24 pm

Hey Brandi,

I am vegan, 13 years out now, unsure if you might get a notice for this. I didnt do it for weight - but for health issues (ringing in my ears that made me understand why people would hurt themselves because of it.).

Are you good? Is your baby boy in college yet? :}

Love,

BrandiLynnWonderland, B.

VSG with Dr. Alvarez in 04.2009. Maintain 130 lb loss - not by depending on surgical restriction or food rules. Change your mind, change your life.

Most Active