Vanilla protein ideas

Molly83
on 8/22/15 6:02 am - Canada

Hi everyone,

I bought Kaizen Naturals whey isolate in both chocolate and vanilla. The chocolate I have no issue with. I mix it with milk, banana and peanut butter and it tashes ok. The vanilla I am struggling with. I have tried quite a few and am wondering if you have any vanilla recipes that are SO good you would share so I can try and use up and maybe even tolerate or enjoy the vanilla. 

Thanks

1st referral-June 2014, sent back and resubmitted September 2014. Wrong referral-medical not surgical. December 22-Surgical Referral sent in.

March 2, 2015-Orientation session; April 8, 2015-Blood work completed; May 12, 2015-Intake appointment; July 24, 2015 Dietician/Behaviourist; August 26, 2015 Pre-surgery class; September 21, 2015 Meet the surgeon; SURGERY NOVEMBER 13, 2015

k__
on 8/22/15 11:12 am - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15

I don't use that particular brand, but I have the same issue with the Premier Protein Vanilla Shakes that I've tried.

I tried different things, and what finally worked for me is to mix in a good deal of pureed, strained strawberries. I used fresh strawberries from my garden, which had been pureed, strained and frozen. This morning, I'm going to try the same thing with store-bought frozen strawberries. It is really good! Something about the tartness of the strawberries seems to perfectly counteract the weirdly sweet taste of the protein drink.

I hope this helps - let me know what you think, and good luck!

Eggface
on 8/22/15 11:16 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Katie_Kat
on 8/22/15 2:56 pm
RNY on 06/10/13
On August 22, 2015 at 6:02 AM Pacific Time, Molly83 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I bought Kaizen Naturals whey isolate in both chocolate and vanilla. The chocolate I have no issue with. I mix it with milk, banana and peanut butter and it tashes ok. The vanilla I am struggling with. I have tried quite a few and am wondering if you have any vanilla recipes that are SO good you would share so I can try and use up and maybe even tolerate or enjoy the vanilla. 

Thanks

I don`t use that brand, I use Syntrax Nectar Vanilla and I mix it with 1/2 water and 1/2 unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.    I also use the same Almond Milk with Chocolate Protein Powder...to me it tastes like a fudgecycle kind of, I put in freezer  for about 15 minutes, not to freeze but to get ice ice cold.....YUM  :) 

I do use Soy Milk and Regular milk ...always mixed with 1/2 water....but I  prefer the Almond Milk the best...

Katherine     

RNY 6/2013

S/W  256

C/W  126

Molly83
on 8/22/15 6:38 pm - Canada

Hi,

I mixed the vanilla with strawberries today as suggested. I could still taste the powder but I think it may just take some getting used to. I drank it quickly which I know after surgery will need to slow down. One step at a time. Thanks for all the suggestions, I  will try almond milk Monday after doing groceries!

thanks again for the support!

1st referral-June 2014, sent back and resubmitted September 2014. Wrong referral-medical not surgical. December 22-Surgical Referral sent in.

March 2, 2015-Orientation session; April 8, 2015-Blood work completed; May 12, 2015-Intake appointment; July 24, 2015 Dietician/Behaviourist; August 26, 2015 Pre-surgery class; September 21, 2015 Meet the surgeon; SURGERY NOVEMBER 13, 2015

k__
on 8/24/15 5:13 pm - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15
poplargreys
on 8/24/15 3:54 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I'm not a fan of vanilla protein either, but the last time I bought some I was able to use it as 'creamer' in my coffee without the weird sweetness or protein flavor bothering me too much. Might be something to try if you are allowed coffee.

k__
on 8/24/15 5:15 pm - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15

Or vice-versa: add instant coffee (and milk, if you want a thinner consistency) to the vanilla protein drink. It took quite a bit of the instant coffee to get the taste to my liking.

Seev !
on 9/11/15 12:46 am
RNY on 08/20/15

Hi there,

I blend  the Kaizen vanilla with Greek yogurt, natural pb, banana, milk, and ice.  It's delicious (even better if you throw in some frozen strawberries).

I agree that it is terrible on its own.

Tom

M_reeds
on 10/26/15 4:52 am

Try the French Vanilla Flavored Matcha Green Tea you will surely enjoy the wonderful taste and aroma of french vanilla even kids love it best for weight loss and energizer at the same time other benefits for diabetes and bad cholesterol.

Most Active