Weigh****chers

MelodyMay
on 8/28/15 9:21 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

I am having a really difficult time losing weight. I have eliminated sweets from my diet but don't really have the space in my kitchen or the time in my day to make weekly menus and measure every bite of food. I'm considering going back on Weigh****chers. I have always been able to lose about 30lbs doing Weigh****chers and I was hoping I could get some suggestions.

I've also had luck with Atkins, but my boyfriend wouldn't survive it. No carbs would drive him crazy. I just need to see the needle on that scale move before I lose faith or have it cause a problem with my insurance.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I just need help. 

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187

Bonroxie19
on 8/30/15 9:24 am

hi there,

have you had surgery already.  or are you in the insurance phase.  Once you have a scale and get in the habit of weighting and measuring it takes no time at all.  and honestly for the first 6 months it is so little food does not take long to prepare.  

I cannot tell you what a huge difference exercise has made for me.  

you should post again and let people know if you had surgery and what a daily meal plan looks like and then people will know what to suggest.

have a great day,

RNY best thing i ever did for myself

Bonnie RNY 2/11/15 by Dr. Takahaski

5'3" SW 230 pounds, GW per Dr. Takahaski 150 pounds, CW 132 pounds (10/1/17)

BMI 19% Bod Pod test 1/29/17 13.1 mile half marathon, 1 hour 59 mins (8/21/2017)

LynnAlex
on 8/30/15 1:32 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Take baby steps.  I cook 2-3 times per week and eat leftovers on the other days.  Then I freeze individual food for later.  Yesterday, I put a package of chicken breasts in a pan with 2 boxes of chicken stock.  I cut up 4 carrots and an onion.  I have been eating it for 2 days.  Earlier, I bought a small chili at a bar with some friends.  I used it to flavor my tofu, and eat it by itself for 3 days.  One of the most important ways to lose weight is to cook.  Usually once every couple of weeks, I pull out a cookbook and buy ingredients for something new.  I started doing this a couple of years ago.  I was still eating fast food 1-2 times a week.  I haven't had fast food for about 3 months before surgery.  Good Luck.

Age 61 5'4" Consult-6/2/15: 238 SW-8/4/15: 210 CW:145 (6/30/18) M1-16#, M2-17#, M3-14#, M4-10#, M5-6#, M6-5#, M7-1#, M8 -3# Range 133-138 DexaScan 4/16/17 19% body fat---- 2016 wt avg 142-146, 2017, wt. avg 132-136, 2018 avg weight 144-146 bounce back is real.

Felicity Q.
on 8/30/15 3:12 pm
DS on 09/28/15

As another poster mentioned, cook 1-2 times a week and eat leftovers for the rest!  I personally usually make a huge batch of something in the slow cooker once a week, then eat the leftovers for the rest of the week. One of the easiest is 4-5 frozen chicken breasts and a can of salsa... after 6 hours or so, the chicken will be cooked and you can shred it with a fork. Eat it just like that, or add cheese/sour cream (and your boyfriend can add a tortilla) and you have fajitas.  Or put in lettuce wraps, make nachos with it, etc.  Pretty versatile!

I'm also pre-op, and I decided to start really focusing on my nutrition now so I am eating basically a RNY post-op diet.  Protein Shake every morning, small high-protein foods such as cheese (babybel light cheese or light string cheese), jerky, greek yogurt.  It's helped a lot so far and I have lost about 20lb in the 1.5 months I have been doing it.  I'm not a huge fan of cooking often, so I have also added some "easy" foods such as cans of tuna to my cabinet. If I am hungry and don't have time to prepare something, I can grab a can of tuna, throw in some lite mayo, and have a high protein meal without carbs or guilt.

Hopefully some of this helps! 

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

MelodyMay
on 8/31/15 11:51 am
RNY on 03/01/16

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I am pre-op and I know that my diet is extremely important right now. I need to show my surgeon and honestly, myself, that I can really commit to this change and make my life better. I am completely aware of what I need to eat and how I need to eat but for some reason I am having an issue with actually implementing it. I have my last nutritionist appointment tomorrow and I am going to make sure to let her know of my concerns. I have to make this change and I need to do it now. 

I wish I could hire a grocery shopper and a chef for myself...it would be so much easier!

hollykim
on 9/1/15 9:58 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 31, 2015 at 11:51 AM Pacific Time, MelodyMay wrote:

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I am pre-op and I know that my diet is extremely important right now. I need to show my surgeon and honestly, myself, that I can really commit to this change and make my life better. I am completely aware of what I need to eat and how I need to eat but for some reason I am having an issue with actually implementing it. I have my last nutritionist appointment tomorrow and I am going to make sure to let her know of my concerns. I have to make this change and I need to do it now. 

I wish I could hire a grocery shopper and a chef for myself...it would be so much easier!

if you know how and what to eat, but can't implement it, how can you implement Weight Waychets?

MelodyMay
on 9/2/15 1:01 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

I've had success with them before. The pre-made meals help since I won't have to weigh and cook so much. Counting points is easier for me than counting calories, carbs, sugars..etc..

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/15 12:18 am

All the best for  it!!

NYMom222
on 9/1/15 6:39 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Whether you like it or not most people do eat low carb, especially right after surgery. You will have to figure it out with your boyfriend. Maybe freeze portions of carbs for him - cooked pasta, rice... so you eat meat and veggies together and then he can have his carbs. Just a suggestion.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

chulbert
on 9/4/15 5:42 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

If you don't have time to plan or prepare your own food now what do you plan to do after surgery?

Most Active