Hair AND Eyelashes Loss Post Op

Sndsojourn
on 9/17/15 10:18 pm

I am new to this forum...previously I had a LapBand, which needed to be removed after 20 months due to excessive reflux issues. I lost nearly 100 pounds...and have regained some of the weight to the point of choosing to have the RNY procedure to improve my health. Both my Type 2 Diabetes and Hypertension have returned.

I have done all of the prep work necessary, and am scheduled to meet with the surgeon next week. 

Post band, I did experience some thinning of my hair. Most difficult for me was the almost total loss of my eyelashes. I am a poster child for compliance, got my fluids and protein, and vitamins daily. I even have taken Biotin, which I am unsure if that even helped. 

Has anyone else ever lost their eyelashes post op? What has helped with minimizing hair loss post op? And for me, eyelashes post op? 

Any and all insights and information will be appreciated! 

hollykim
on 9/23/15 7:20 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 17, 2015 at 10:18 PM Pacific Time, Sndsojourn wrote:

I am new to this forum...previously I had a LapBand, which needed to be removed after 20 months due to excessive reflux issues. I lost nearly 100 pounds...and have regained some of the weight to the point of choosing to have the RNY procedure to improve my health. Both my Type 2 Diabetes and Hypertension have returned.

I have done all of the prep work necessary, and am scheduled to meet with the surgeon next week. 

Post band, I did experience some thinning of my hair. Most difficult for me was the almost total loss of my eyelashes. I am a poster child for compliance, got my fluids and protein, and vitamins daily. I even have taken Biotin, which I am unsure if that even helped. 

Has anyone else ever lost their eyelashes post op? What has helped with minimizing hair loss post op? And for me, eyelashes post op? 

Any and all insights and information will be appreciated! 

It is not normal to lose your eyelashes. You need to see a dermatologist.

Most Active