6-month diet and tools

z_m14
on 10/14/15 3:50 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

When I attended my pre-surgery class this morning, the nutritionist gave a layout of what we all need to do to get our insurance to approve our surgeries. I was told that I need to do a six-month diet. The nutritionist did not really recommend what to do during those six months. All she told us to do was make sure that we do not gain weight during that time period because insurance companies love to deny people if they gain during that six-month period. My question to you guys is what did you do during the six months to lose weight? I thought about doing Weight W****ers, but I feel as if the monthly fee is not worth it because I will not be on that program once I get the surgery. I don't want to spend that money. What should I do? I want to take this seriously!

Donna L.
on 10/17/15 7:25 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

You could ask the nutritionist for a diet.

I personally did a low carb diet. It is very difficult for the first week or two, but after that it was much easier. It was also very close to how we eat post-op for the most part.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

doulvgod
on 10/20/15 8:59 am

I did a low carb diet and got rid of breads & pastas. My rule was "Don't Bite White". ( potatoes, rice, ice cream, ....). I discovered a new world of foods which will really help you post op because you cannot eat these foods then for awhile either. You will definetly lose some weight. it will be hard at first but carbmaster yogurts, milk at Kroger's are great, cooking using chopped califlower instead of rice in a chicken broccoli cheese casserole taste great and noone will even realize it's not rice. It's fun to find creative ways to cook. I freeze leftovers in small containers. FB has lots of support groups as well with recipes to aid you with this. Good luck. Blessings, Debi

Most Active