Protein or lack of Protien and legs cramps

Blount3620
on 10/26/15 9:48 am

Bypass surgery 8 years out. Weight loss is good, up and down... Still like sweets... OMG...

Having legs cramps and weak in knees and calf. Taking daily vitamins, Iron, Calcium, B12, etc. But the Protein has not be on my list on a regular basic. So after pain daily and OTC not helping. I'm wonder what is wrong and my hair thinner again, so I know I need my protein back. Has anybody else experience the pain and weakness from lack of protein?

I have some powder protein at my desk today and from last night. My legs are starting to feel better. Still feel so pain, but none like before.

Things we learn from this life lesson.. of weight loss surgery.

BlackHairedGirl
on 10/26/15 4:03 pm

I am 8 yrs out too. My feet swell, I'm tired and my hair falls out with my protein gets low. It's a daily task to get it in and hard for me sometimes to be vigilant with my diet. Good luck feel better soon.

grey
on 10/27/15 6:39 pm - dalton, GA

hi ? its nice to know people are still doing ok after 8 years. If I could ask you a question. Would you do it over again? I doing my labs soon then phsy evaluation and I should be ready but nervous. Thanks

Grey

BlackHairedGirl
on 10/28/15 10:58 am

Yes although I'd get a VSG or duodenal switch. My surgeon didn't offer those 8 years ago. The vitamin malabsorption has been the hardest part mainly the iron. I still struggle with grazing and I still love food so it isn't a cure all but instead a tool. Good luck to you! Btw my highest was 297, lowest 155, my body likes 175. I'm 5'6. I'm 4 months pregnant and weigh 177. I'm trying not to go overboard with weight gain this pregnancy because I hate having to lose weight!!

grey
on 10/28/15 5:57 pm - dalton, GA

congratulations on your baby and thank you so much for your reply.

Grey

Blount3620
on 11/6/15 11:51 am

Thanks same to you. I feel a lot better, since I'm drinking protein daily... Still some leg cramp on and off. I'm search for new favor of protein to keep me up with it better... Let keep in touch to encourage each other. We can do better... Have a wonderful evening...

BlackHairedGirl
on 11/9/15 10:02 am

I like unjury chocolate or syntrax nectar cookies in cream.  Or the atkins shakes in a pinch! 

grey
on 12/11/15 8:33 pm - dalton, GA

I heard the unjury had one with no flavor I am hoping to get it and mixing it in some food or milk cz I am not liking the protein shakes at all!

Grey

Most Active